• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets sign Lance Stephenson to 3yr/27m contract.

Jakob

I'm not sure how I feel we should approach the depth situation at SG now. For so long, we have lacked scorers and outside shooters. Now we have Lance, Neal, and PJ all at the two guard. Hendo provides great D but isn't all that efficient offensively. So, do we keep all four guys or move one? Then do you risk not having enough scoring or giving up a great defender?

Clifford has stated that PJ will play some 3 so it may not be an issue

Not sure why everyone is thinking Hendo would be a good 6th man. 

You need quick offensive production from your bench, something Hendo is not good at. 

Additionally, correct me if I am wrong, he is getting paid too much to be a bench player. 

We have PJ now to perfectly fill out that instant offense off the bench. 

Hendo needs to be dealt. 

You need quick offensive production from your bench, something Hendo is not good at.

Additionally, correct me if I am wrong, he is getting paid too much to be a bench player.

Hendo needs to be dealt.

Most 6th men get paid around 5-9 million a year depending on the team. You need to realize PJ has not looked ready in the summer league and needs time to work on his game while averaging around 6-10 mpg this season.

Henderson May not be an explosive offensive player but he keeps us deep on defense coming off the bench and would still be our best scorer off the bench (yes, better then you're savior PJ Hairston). The way I see it is this

Trade Neal this offseason to a team needing to add salary (Philly) and let Henderson play as our primary scorer off the bench. Next offseason (depending on how Hairston did in his limited time) trade Henderson and his much more movable expiring contract and let PJ Hairston take over as the top option off the bench (If he does well this season).

I expect (and hope) we keep Henderson for at least next year, as it keeps us as one of the deepest teams in the league. If we get rid of him, we might be in for some relatively shitty 2nd team offenses.

big difference between 5 and 9 mil. 

pj has simply been off. he is ready def physically and has played with older guys in the dl. 

he is a gunner. gonna be lighting things up or cold. 

teams dont need D off the bench. teams need scoring off the bench. ill take pj off the bench to score more points quicker than hendo would. 

we need to remove hendo asap. 

Hendo needs to be dealt.

PJ refuses to do anything but shoot. Henderson, while he lacks a long range shot, is a more complete player. Ill take him as my sixth man.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived