• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets sign Lance Stephenson to 3yr/27m contract.

Jakob

I do think PJ's style of living beyond the arc fits this team a heck of a lot better than Hendo as a sixth man volume scorer similar to what Dion Waiters will eventually do for the Cavs.

However, it's obvious he's not ready for that, and until he is, we have to roll with the Hendo/Neal platoon. PJ's problem in the summer league is he's trying to do too much, and spending some time on the bench learning from good vets like Hendo and Neal should help groom him into being the player that alot of us were ecstatic for when we saw the 26th pick being made.

Sounds weird to say considering where we were just a couple years ago, but the Hornets can actually afford to be patient with the young guys now.

You, nor me, or anyone knows if PJ or any of the rookies are ready or not. 

Been countless a player many thought were ready only to not be ready. There has been many a player thought to not be ready to pleasantly surprise a lot of people. 

We need to wait until atleast mid season being making absolute claims like that. 

Already seen enough of Hendo, his game is simply not suited to be a spark off the bench.

But you haven't seen Hairston in an actual NBA game, so in reality you don't know. I deal in hypotheticals not what if's.

Do the entire board a favor and quit picking and choosing what parts of arguments you want to respond to.

It's very annoying and takes away from the conversation. You obviously are one of those people that never thinks they're wrong, and I'm here to tell you that's eventually going to come back and bite you.

Careful ..    Lance was a huge problem in the Indiana locker room last season "after" the All Star break when he got snubbed.     It was "bad Lance" as Pacer fans term it.

Good Lance is a VERY good player, he was team MVP early over Paul G..        Passes the ball and just does everything very well.    

Bad Lance is a HUGE problem, he is very selfish when he "needs to get his"     

I hate to see him go but in all honesty I feel he is after a MAX contract..   He wants paid BAD, and if you all get that Lance he will destroy team chemestry.      He was pretty much Indiana's point guard last season.    I can't see him working with out the ball in his hands..       How will Kimba deal that?  

It will be very interesting.       

I honestly feel the Pacers didn't want him back or they could have made it happen very easily.    Just cut Cope or Sciola..   but they chose not to.     Very telling....

Oh well...    If you all get good Lance you have a gem...    If you get what Indiana got the second half of last season you hurt yourself.  

I will be keeping an eye on the Hornets with 2 IU guys and Lance on the roster...   

Good Luck Charlotte ..  I hope it works out.   

Awesome! Great signing, great value, just great for the team!

Not saying that we run a tighter ship here in Charlotte, but we run a tighter ship.

Turner and Stephenson nearly got into a fist fight in the locker room and neither were suspended (to my knowledge). Gary Neal showed up late for a team meeting and got suspended for a game.

I think Stephenson will learn quick that Charlotte has a tight knit locker room and he can either get in line or get left behind.

Personally, I have no concerns.... just stay away from the tranny's.

Unless PJ learns to defend better, take better shots, and not turn the ball over he is not going to play over Henderson right now no matter how well he shoots the ball.

Otherwise we should of just kept Ben Gordon. Because Clifford just isn't going to play him.

PJ has a chance to be a great scorer, but he is going to have to develop. Right now Henderson is better than PJ in ever facet. In 2 years maybe (probably) not.

I imagine PJ will get a few minutes at 2 & 3. But I am not expecting a lot out of him this year, and Clifford said he isn't going to give him minutes unless he earns them.

And I am a UNC fan that wanted us to draft him.

Careful .. Lance was a huge problem in the Indiana locker room last season "after" the All Star break when he got snubbed. It was "bad Lance" as Pacer fans term it.

Good Lance is a VERY good player, he was team MVP early over Paul G.. Passes the ball and just does everything very well.

Bad Lance is a HUGE problem, he is very selfish when he "needs to get his"

I hate to see him go but in all honesty I feel he is after a MAX contract.. He wants paid BAD, and if you all get that Lance he will destroy team chemestry. He was pretty much Indiana's point guard last season. I can't see him working with out the ball in his hands.. How will Kimba deal that?

It will be very interesting.

I honestly feel the Pacers didn't want him back or they could have made it happen very easily. Just cut Cope or Sciola.. but they chose not to. Very telling....

Oh well... If you all get good Lance you have a gem... If you get what Indiana got the second half of last season you hurt yourself.

I will be keeping an eye on the Hornets with 2 IU guys and Lance on the roster...

Good Luck Charlotte .. I hope it works out.

I think most here know all about this..its why Gordon Hayward was option 1. Good Lance is a guy I want to root for and hope we see more of him as he gets older.

The only real concern I have is between MJ and Lance over branding, Jordan or And1. And it's been known about how Jordan will go on a rampage on other shoes. :-)

I think there will be a couple growing pains at first but Lance has alot to prove since he was looked over by alot of teams. That should be motivation enough to get your poo together if you want a max in a couple of years.

Indiana brought Lance in and "took care of him" from the get go.    Lance needs stability.  

Now he has money, probably seeing himself as "the man" on this team...

You all will find out real fast what Sir Lance is all about.    If things go south .........

and don't kid yourself.. .  Indiana is a vetern team.    They went to the ECF 2 years in a row.    And they run "a very tight ship" ..   Lance thinks he is a "superstar" ..     And he will try to prove it in Charlotte.   

I can't wait to see how this unfolds...

Not saying that we run a tighter ship here in Charlotte, but we run a tighter ship.

Turner and Stephenson nearly got into a fist fight in the locker room and neither were suspended (to my knowledge). Gary Neal showed up late for a team meeting and got suspended for a game.

I think Stephenson will learn quick that Charlotte has a tight knit locker room and he can either get in line or get left behind.

Personally, I have no concerns.... just stay away from the tranny's.

The only real concern I have is between MJ and Lance over branding, Jordan or And1. And it's been known about how Jordan will go on a rampage on other shoes. :-)

I think there will be a couple growing pains at first but Lance has alot to prove since he was looked over by alot of teams. That should be motivation enough to get your poo together if you want a max in a couple of years.

THIS is EXACTLY the Lance you DO NOT WANT ...    trust me.  

Go to Indy boards, listen to podcasts...     This is the Lance indiana got the second half of last season.  

Ball moves, gets to Lance....   one on one go to the rim or shoot a silly 3. 

That is NOT the Lance you want.    He is a GREAT facilitator.        He is NOT Michael Jordan.   

By the way you all will like Noah V...     Tom Crean is an idiot.     He totally underutilized this guy.

Archived