• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let Cam Sit This Week

chknwing

I agree Cam should sit.

Anderson or even Webb can do pretty much what a sore Cam will do on Sunday if he were to start : Hand the ball off and make a few passes. As far as a pure passing goes, I do not see that Cam is any better than DA. Take away the scramble/read options which Cam most likely wouldn't be doing anyway because of the injury...and there doesnt seem to be much of a difference..certainly not one to risk aggravating either of his injuries.

It's not like if you sit him he's going to be 100% next week. You have to play him sometime, it sucks that he's going to have to slowly heal the first half of the season but that's the hand we're dealt.

If he WANTS to play CAN play is a captain and our emotional leader then how the fug do you sit him to start the season?

I can empathize with those of you who are feeling sick at the utter homerism of your fellow fans who say Panthers should win even if Derek Anderson will start. It is expected of a team that finished 12-4 facing 4-12. Fans of the sport, rather than one team, know how utterly laughable assertion it is.

And there folks is another Huddler going full retard. That must mean Game Day is just around the corner.

And here folks..is another sad nuthugger who cant see logic. I ask you, which player had more play time during preseason...Cam or Anderson? Which of the two had more completed passes...Cam or Anderson? Which of the two had more time in full practice because they were not nursing an injury...Cam or Anderson? Which one is more game ready..Cam or Anderson?

Which one will be cost our team more if we lose..Cam or Anderson?

I think there are some people with other reasons behind this "sit cam" bullshit. If he is medically cleared, nobody is going to be able to keep Cam Newton from playing. He is a competitor. Period. All fans should know this by now, and if you don't, well, why are you even here?

Stewart is healthy this season and we've got Turner now. I say let's the roll the dice and see what Tolbert and Stewart can do for us. It's a definitely a risk but if the coaching staff feels conflicted about Cam's injuries then we protect him because our OL sure as hell won't.

You really think Williams isnt going to come out of the gate as our lead RB?

Rivera IMO is old school. He will wait for him to flop to justify his loss of reps

This thought ran through my mind but I wouldn't give it any serious consideration. We need Cam he is by far our MVP. Also I want him to start 16 games every year for his entire career. Show that he, as a so called "running QB," does not get injured.

Logic? You just called Cam a pocket passer on par with our back up and that his legs are the only reason why it's a different circumstance. Either you're slow, OR you're another closet Cam Hater.

I have nothing against Cam at all...my opinions are based on what I saw in preseason games...and yes I stand by my opinion regardless of whether you like it or not..or agree or not...that DA's passes were more clean and catchable.

Go back and view the games again if you disagree...but come at me with something other than "full retard" and closet hater"

Cam is the leader of our team. It doesnt do anyone (fans/players/organization) to see him out there struggling because of pain, getting up slowly..etc etc. He is the leader of this team even on the sidelines...and I dont see where having him in and risking any further aggravation or injury gives any upside that DA or even Webb could provide.

Im not about sticking my chest out because its a division rival..Im about protecting the player we are about to spend the next 10 years paying big money for.

Archived