• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

kendrick lamar's new single dropping tuesday (apparently)

TheRumGone

I'll have to check it out when I get home...

I know when he's been discussed in the past as one of the big up and comers to save the rap game, I wasn't very big on him.  I thought his singles were pretty lame and upon the quick, initial listens I gave GKMC, I just didn't hear anything that really caught my ear.  But, then I went back a few months ago and gave it another listen and I started to pick up on it better as a whole album...  I read a review about it as well that mentioned the underwhelming production on it, but that it had early-Outkast vibes to it, and I couldn't agree more.  I actually have grown to enjoy the album and Kendrick Lamar's work in general.

I'll have to check it out when I get home...

I know when he's been discussed in the past as one of the big up and comers to save the rap game, I wasn't very big on him.  I thought his singles were pretty lame and upon the quick, initial listens I gave GKMC, I just didn't hear anything that really caught my ear.  But, then I went back a few months ago and gave it another listen and I started to pick up on it better as a whole album...  I read a review about it as well that mentioned the underwhelming production on it, but that it had early-Outkast vibes to it, and I couldn't agree more.  I actually have grown to enjoy the album and Kendrick Lamar's work in general.

i think the production on section 80 is what you're referring too. it's essentially a mixtape that he formed into a concept album. there are like 14 different producers on it.

gkmc has kind of a vinyl sound to it. grainy, but on purpose. the concept is pretty spectacular. but this song is probably my favorite off of it. great lyrics and gives that final punch in the gut before kendrick "the star" is born.

don't listen to people talking about kendrick and over hyping him. he is what he is and he's great.

Archived