• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Finally a breath of fresh.

steveSmokin_D

K now we can talk about the players that are on this team and I dont have to sit on pins and needles with the butkas bs anymore. Monday is out preaseaon game but I want to give my prediction as to what out season is going to be like. First off with I would predict the panthers would win at least 10 games this season. Im not buying into the 2nd hardest schedule bs at all. Every season is different and teams that were good can easily become the teams that aren't and injuries (though I hate to see them) happen. Here is the real reason why I think we will go at least 10 wins. First offense. Jeff Davidson has been here a few years he has a good since of the players skills and did a good job last season of drawing up plays that worked. Williams and Stewart we have them back though not 100 percent (yet) along with our offensive line is able to make plays. Steve smith jesus what can he not do? just him alone makes teams think twice about stacking the box because when they do he burns them and sometime even though they do stack the box williams and stewart are hard to bring down (ask barber about that). Jeff Davidson has a lot to work with in creating plays and I dont really see any reason as to why they cant have the same success this season. Now goodson though is having a good camp though unproven may give us yet another element to add to this offense. fast can make sharp cuts and seems to be learning at a good pace and can catch and I dont see any reason why we cant do a 3 back system much like new york did last year and have success with it (if goodson is as advertised). My only concerns about this year is depth of offensive line which does raises some questions of durability of the offensive line and can they stay healthy (lord please keep them healthy). The other question is who is going to step up as the third reciever. Jarrett reportedly is having a good camp so is he going to shine this season and get some of the pressure off of smith and moose or is someone else going to shine and take away the spot? If he does shine its yet another offensive weapon Davidson has at his disposal. Seems to me there are more upsides than down for this offense. Not to mention we got decent (not worldly not great) but decent tightends. Dont see why this offense cant be the top 10 if not the top 5 if not the top offense this year.

Biggest question and by far the most important is how is the defense going to look. We lost kemo no need to go on about that anymore than what has been stated. Biggest question I have is how is the run Defense going to look. In my opinion and what I have kept up with meeks is getting this team to play very energetically (run to everything strip everything get to everything attitude) which is good this defense may need that energy seeing how kemo went down. In my opinion that translate to getting to the ball quicker. Again been documented we are thin at the dt position. But if I know fox ball enough either he will go with a bargin player either through trade or FA or he will stick with the players he's got. I think monday will be the test to see if he has to consider other options or if the defense can cope with its current roster but if fox is going to bring in another body he better do it soon so they can get use to the system. The other area of question for me is the corner back postion. Yes gamble can play very adequately but sometimes is out of position. Marshall who has finally got the nod to be a starter(departure of ken lucas) and has shown flashes of brilliance at times is starting this year. Can the DB's in carolina keep the opposing recievers in check. I dont see why not. Last year we had a pretty good pass defense and then after the bye week we kind well not the same at all. I think with a few tweaks and a few adjustments with the skill sets we can hopfully replicate the first half of last seasons pass defense and keep it going through out the entire season. Again there are potiential upsides to this defense. Captain and Martin both are having some good camps and I dont see why one or the other if not both can be immediate impacts to this defense (remains to be seen and we will see on monday). IM not to terribly worried about the LB position but I am worried about beasons drop off in tackles because of the loss of kemo but if we can resolve the dt situation I dont see why beason cant have another pro bowl sesaon. The defense has it upsides not as many as the offense by far and has more unanswered questions but is still viably capable. Granted we do have a new DC and granted we are still installing plays but thankfully this is training camp and the preason so we have time to find what works and what doesnt in the new system.

I know they havent played a game yet and I know its still training camp but this team has a lot of upsides. Granted carolina has had a history of players doing well in camp and not amounting to much in the season (predator) but the potential is there. At worse case scenario we are an offensive team that has to outscore to win. Best case scenario we are a team that is well balance and will be top 10 on both sides of the ball. Seeing how last seaon in how we played agains the chargerers, TB on monday night, and the Giants (though we lost) last season. I dont see why this team cant get 10 wins out of this schedule this season. Unless they seriously give up and play lackluster this team will be in the spotlight yet again this year.

ps

If i made some errors in what I said point them out.

K now we can talk about the players that are on this team and I dont have to sit on pins and needles with the butkas bs anymore. Monday is out preaseaon game but I want to give my prediction as to what out season is going to be like. First off with I would predict the panthers would win at least 10 games this season. Im not buying into the 2nd hardest schedule bs at all. Every season is different and teams that were good can easily become the teams that aren't and injuries (though I hate to see them) happen. Here is the real reason why I think we will go at least 10 wins. First offense. Jeff Davidson has been here a few years he has a good since of the players skills and did a good job last season of drawing up plays that worked. Williams and Stewart we have them back though not 100 percent (yet) along with our offensive line is able to make plays. Steve smith jesus what can he not do? just him alone makes teams think twice about stacking the box because when they do he burns them and sometime even though they do stack the box williams and stewart are hard to bring down (ask barber about that). Jeff Davidson has a lot to work with in creating plays and I dont really see any reason as to why they cant have the same success this season. Now goodson though is having a good camp though unproven may give us yet another element to add to this offense. fast can make sharp cuts and seems to be learning at a good pace and can catch and I dont see any reason why we cant do a 3 back system much like new york did last year and have success with it (if goodson is as advertised). My only concerns about this year is depth of offensive line which does raises some questions of durability of the offensive line and can they stay healthy (lord please keep them healthy). The other question is who is going to step up as the third reciever. Jarrett reportedly is having a good camp so is he going to shine this season and get some of the pressure off of smith and moose or is someone else going to shine and take away the spot? If he does shine its yet another offensive weapon Davidson has at his disposal. Seems to me there are more upsides than down for this offense. Not to mention we got decent (not worldly not great) but decent tightends. Dont see why this offense cant be the top 10 if not the top 5 if not the top offense this year.

Biggest question and by far the most important is how is the defense going to look. We lost kemo no need to go on about that anymore than what has been stated. Biggest question I have is how is the run Defense going to look. In my opinion and what I have kept up with meeks is getting this team to play very energetically (run to everything strip everything get to everything attitude) which is good this defense may need that energy seeing how kemo went down. In my opinion that translate to getting to the ball quicker. Again been documented we are thin at the dt position. But if I know fox ball enough either he will go with a bargin player either through trade or FA or he will stick with the players he's got. I think monday will be the test to see if he has to consider other options or if the defense can cope with its current roster but if fox is going to bring in another body he better do it soon so they can get use to the system. The other area of question for me is the corner back postion. Yes gamble can play very adequately but sometimes is out of position. Marshall who has finally got the nod to be a starter(departure of ken lucas) and has shown flashes of brilliance at times is starting this year. Can the DB's in carolina keep the opposing recievers in check. I dont see why not. Last year we had a pretty good pass defense and then after the bye week we kind well not the same at all. I think with a few tweaks and a few adjustments with the skill sets we can hopfully replicate the first half of last seasons pass defense and keep it going through out the entire season. Again there are potiential upsides to this defense. Captain and Martin both are having some good camps and I dont see why one or the other if not both can be immediate impacts to this defense (remains to be seen and we will see on monday). IM not to terribly worried about the LB position but I am worried about beasons drop off in tackles because of the loss of kemo but if we can resolve the dt situation I dont see why beason cant have another pro bowl sesaon. The defense has it upsides not as many as the offense by far and has more unanswered questions but is still viably capable. Granted we do have a new DC and granted we are still installing plays but thankfully this is training camp and the preason so we have time to find what works and what doesnt in the new system.

I know they havent played a game yet and I know its still training camp but this team has a lot of upsides. Granted carolina has had a history of players doing well in camp and not amounting to much in the season (predator) but the potential is there. At worse case scenario we are an offensive team that has to outscore to win. Best case scenario we are a team that is well balance and will be top 10 on both sides of the ball. Seeing how last seaon in how we played agains the chargerers, TB on monday night, and the Giants (though we lost) last season. I dont see why this team cant get 10 wins out of this schedule this season. Unless they seriously give up and play lackluster this team will be in the spotlight yet again this year.

ps

you really don't want me to do that.

ps

poste.jpg

Archived