• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Defense

janderson20vt

I don't think he forgot about it.  I do think he felt just wasn't much he could do about it and still fix the issues at wide receiver. 

Personally I wish we would have kept Smith.  We didn't save much cap space by cutting him, and we had to pay Cotchery and Avant.  Then we maybe could have picked up some help on the oline or resigned Mitchell. 

I can only hope that Gettleman is looking more at long term than immediate results. If he is and it works out, then I think most of us will be happy.  Fwiw, Benjamin looks like a excellent pick at least. 

So do I

The real mistake here was tagging Hardy.

This is Julius Peppers revisited. 13 plus million in cap space.

Hardy's money elsewhere would have been critical to this year's success.

Then you have a compensatory next year coming for Hardy.

BS. Not having Hardy doesn't excuse our complete lack of tackling and undisciplined play across the entire front 7.

Yes it does. The defense don't want to play without hardy. I don't know why ppl don't see it. The tackling and undisciplined tell the story. Think about it.

Tampa game they played great with hardy with emotion.

Detroit game they played hard and great without hardy but was prepared to play with him. The team still was motivated bc they thought he was going to play the next game.

Then the found out he wasn't coming back and that's when the emotion and the tackling went down the hill.

Today it's no better. It's like the coaching and the organization let them down. So now they don't want to play. Maybe they had Hardy back so much it created a bigger problem.

Just my take of things.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Archived