• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When will Cam heal?

Mol3m4n

That one play where he spun out of a sack, drifted to his left, than floated a perfect pass to...damm, I forgot who, was pretty.

He is getting better every week. But it is going to a gradual thing.

Yeah, also on that scamper out of the left sidelines (he gained about 6-7 yds), he looked the defender in the eye before he exited with out any apparent fear. That was encouraging as well.

The team either needs to play more 4:3 defenses, and/or scheme away to get the ball out quick, or fool defenders, giving Cam and any other players on offense space as we see other NFL team do every week.

Yes, teams will have bad games indeed. However, you need to eat when you're at home, and/or playing average or bad team, or at least the ones you match up well with.

somebody needs to slip him some pain meds on sunday cause those ribs are going nowhere fast.  i bet they hurt like a mofo and the jacket has to somewhat limit mobility. 

Cam busting for long yardage, just to get killed by defenders again is not the answer.

This Panther staff is so media responsive it appears.

Figure out how to scheme your OL, RB's and receivers to get open more.

The receivers look good to me. Cam looks great. However, you gotta find a way to give those guys the ball, and keep Cam healthy and upright!

Cam shouldn't have to be superman. Sometimes the coaches and other players need to earn their money to.

Give us a break. :phew:

You been the #1 advocate here of how hurt he allegedly was, and how he should be benched because of it.

SMH/please go away with this. :cool:

you can take a break anytime you choose. 

I will not go away with this as it is a valid question.  I have no idea how hurt he actually was nor have I ventured a guess. I just said that if he is not healing because he is playing then it would benefit him to sit and let it heal before something worse happens to him. there is nothing far fetched or implausible about that view.

you can take a break anytime you choose. 

I will not go away with this as it is a valid question.  I have no idea how hurt he actually was nor have I ventured a guess. I just said that if he is not healing because he is playing then it would benefit him to sit and let it heal before something worse happens to him. there is nothing far fetched or implausible about that view.

Then why do you continually post about this senseless non-topic so endlessly??

Newton is not going to sit right now. He's not that hurt.

If, or when he is, I'm sure the Panthers will. However, that's not the case right now.

Plus, he's the best QB they have--including from the pocket--by far, so why all this talk of preemptively sitting him after the 4th game?

You obviously have another agenda, and/or just like the attention?

Today at work, I was barraged by racist and uninformed comments by people claiming that "Cam sucks". "Derek Anderson is better". "I would choose Luck 100 times over Newton".

Okay. Message received. My only reply could have been to ask how many games that these couch experts watched of the Panthers. I would follow telling them that this is his best year passing even with a horrible line and being hurt. I keep on sarong give him the weapons that Luck or RG3 received and Can would go off.

However, this isn't the point of my thread. The point is if people are going to realize how good Cam is, he needs to have at least a 4500 yard season and win a playoff game. People blame Cam Newton for our two blowouts, and I knew it was coming. To show his doubters, Cam needs to take control of games and show the world that he can out play anyone, even behind a garbage line.

Cam can't do this without first being healthy. This is a long lead up to a simple question, although I would like for your thoughts on the topics I brought up also. The question is:

Tldr- How long will it take Cam Newton to get healthy and improve to the next level?

so ur answer to quite the ignorant racists that occupy your work space is wanting Cam to prove their narrow-minded opinions wrong? Or, is this more about your own ego being challenged by your co-workers?

From what I've seen with Cam, he's more about wins than padding his stats. Maybe that should be your only concern. The team do all they can to help Cam and he help them win.

Those who hate Cam for whatever reason, will continue to find anything to doing so. The question is, do u believe them?

If, or when he is, I'm sure the Panthers will. However, that's not the case right now.

Plus, he's the best QB they have--including from the pocket--by far, so why all this talk of preemptively sitting him after the 4th game?

it is the topic at hand. as long as there is a discussion it keeps going. All the talk was in the context of a nagging injury.If playing made it worse and prevented healing then sitting him is not a bad idea.

What other agenda? I stated my point clearly and have not strayed from it.

Rivera just said in the presser that Cam is getting to the point where he will be turned loose.

i wish this was comforting, but it's not.  cam doesn't look anything close to being ready to go cam of old.  anytime he's gotten out of the pocket he's lumbered and just been awkward about it.  in fact that's probably why he got the rib injury in the first place.  

Technically, he could just cut and paste his posts. It is the same tired rhetoric over, and over, and over, and over again.

There must be some ulterior motive behind it. Because plenty of folks have tried to allay his fears, to no avail.

Archived