• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Blood Moon 8 Oct 2014

philp

I saw it. It disappeared eventually. Wasn't that red imo.  It was like watching a lunar eclipse. It was pretty cool. Night sky last night was beautiful too.

looking at it with the naked eye, it wasn't that red, but the pics I took came out very red for some reason.

There was a group of about 30 standing outside this morning.  We had a perfect view of the moon up until 6:25 am.  Right at that time the moon vanished.  At first I thought maybe a UFO shot the moon out of the sky, but then realized it was a damn cloud.  There's always next time...

I was able to see the Blood Moon and the sunrise at the same time. Supposed to be a rare occurrance.

Heard it was called a selenelion which I declare as the word of the day and also a great name for a band. 

Speaking of a rare occurrence, a couple of weeks ago I was driving with my daughter and we drove through a rainbow. I am not smart enough to know how that happened but it did. 

When we got home we saw another rainbow and the end of it was in my neighbors front yard which I had never witnessed before either. There was however no leprechaun or pot of gold. 

Archived