• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tavaris Jackson?

RSXNova

He had 9 touchdowns to 2 interceptions in 5 starts and almost an identical completion % to Delhomme. What about that says he can't be an adequate backup?

Nothing, unless you consider all the other snaps he has taken.. Using a small window doesn't tell the whole story.

You all can spend draft picks on him if you want on Madden, but the guy won't start here over Delhomme and it'll be the same circumstance when everyone was wanting Weinke to start over Delhomme.. As soon as it would happen, y'all would be begging for Delhomme again..

Did I mention anywhere that a QB of the future isn't necessary? No. Did I say it would suck to have a QB of the future? No..

So don't go putting words in my mouth.. Point is, Jackson... isn't someone I see being a smart choice to spend draft picks on because I don't see him starting anyhow...

So because McCown and Moore weren't great, we need to bring in another player that isn't great?

They are shopping him, which means it'll cost us to get him. Whatever the cost, he isn't our future and you're wasting time and picks to get a player who sucks anyhow..

Makes no sense to me... If he's a FA, this is a different story, perhaps you can bring him in and satisfy the masses to get another QB who will never take a snap as starter, minus an injury. However, this isn't the case, and makes absolutely no sense at all...

But once again, with a better overall running game as protection here than he has there, I'd expect him to perform like he did at the end of last season. If he "sucks" like you said, I'd rather have his version of "sucks" than McCown and Moore's. McCown has had chances to be an unchallenged starter and has been subpar everytime. And I'm referring to getting him as a backup.

What I'm saying is, you don't think he's worth a 6th rounder? I don't think they'd ask a whole lot for him. And you aren't going to find a guy with his skill set/athleticism for a 6th round pick.

Nothing, unless you consider all the other snaps he has taken.. Using a small window doesn't tell the whole story.

You all can spend draft picks on him if you want on Madden, but the guy won't start here over Delhomme and it'll be the same circumstance when everyone was wanting Weinke to start over Delhomme.. As soon as it would happen, y'all would be begging for Delhomme again..

Did I mention anywhere that a QB of the future isn't necessary? No. Did I say it would suck to have a QB of the future? No..

So don't go putting words in my mouth.. Point is, Jackson... isn't someone I see being a smart choice to spend draft picks on because I don't see him starting anyhow...

Defensive much? Where did I put any words into your mouth? I don't recall pointing out anyone specifically. I wasn't making an argument for trading for him. I simply stated I thought he'd make a decent backup. And the stats I quoted were his body of work from last season. Dating back over his last 16 starts he has 17 touchdowns and 13 interceptions.

What I'm saying is, you don't think he's worth a 6th rounder? I don't think they'd ask a whole lot for him. And you aren't going to find a guy with his skill set/athleticism for a 6th round pick.

1st of all, is it a 6th round pick that they are asking for him? (haven't heard much more than Favre signed)

If it was a 6th round, I wouldn't hate it. but if they are expecting a 3rd or 4th, then no.

But once again, with a better overall running game as protection here than he has there, I'd expect him to perform like he did at the end of last season. If he "sucks" like you said, I'd rather have his version of "sucks" than McCown and Moore's. McCown has had chances to be an unchallenged starter and has been subpar everytime.

2nd, are you saying he doesn't have a good running game to help him already? You do know Adrian Peterson is their running back? That argument doesn't make any sense... lol

Defensive much? Where did I put any words into your mouth? I don't recall pointing out anyone specifically. I wasn't making an argument for trading for him. I simply stated I thought he'd make a decent backup. And the stats I quoted were his body of work from last season. Dating back over his last 16 starts he has 17 touchdowns and 13 interceptions.

I'm always defensive on this board.. it's not unusual for me to make a point and then get accused of another. And I'm aware you didn't say anything like that but if I say we don't need Jackson, I can easily see someone responding with the QB of the future issue coming up. Which, IMO, are 2 different topics..

Just saying, spending picks on Jackson to be a backup isn't something I think our team has the luxury of doing...

not trying to be funny but after watching mcown a vet backup is needed. If the panthers were actually looking at pat white during camp times then this makes more sense then vick for more than 1 purpose. 1 he doesn't carry the pr baggage, and two he can actually throw the ball better. Maybe not as far but better.

....what are you talking about, Delhomme is damn good backup qb.

1st of all, is it a 6th round pick that they are asking for him? (haven't heard much more than Favre signed)

If it was a 6th round, I wouldn't hate it. but if they are expecting a 3rd or 4th, then no.

2nd, are you saying he doesn't have a good running game to help him already? You do know Adrian Peterson is their running back? That argument doesn't make any sense... lol

It wasn't an argument, just truth lol. I would have to live under a rock to not know who the single best RB in game is and who he plays for, outside of DWill of course:cool:... I said "Better overall running game." Meaning yeah, he's got AD, but we got DWill, Stewart and Goodson. I'm saying his is good, but ours is better overall.

And I haven't seen what they are looking for in terms of compensation, but I'd have a hard time believing they would be looking for anything higher than a 4th b/c of his inconsistency. I just threw the 6th out there... I think it's realistic. What did we get McCown for?

It wasn't an argument, just truth lol. I would have to live under a rock to not know who the single best RB in game is and who he plays for, outside of DWill of course:cool:... I said "Better overall running game." Meaning yeah, he's got AD, but we got DWill, Stewart and Goodson. I'm saying his is good, but ours is better overall.

And I haven't seen what they are looking for in terms of compensation, but I'd have a hard time believing they would be looking for anything higher than a 4th b/c of his inconsistency. I just threw the 6th out there... I think it's realistic. What did we get McCown for?

I was curious what you meant.. lol And well, they have AD and Chester Taylor..

Taylor is no joke either, so I'd throw out the belief that they only have AD running the ball and that we are that much more superior because they have 1 guy and we have 2..

To me, Vikes already have that running game you think Jackson would need to help him.. So the "truth" still doesn't add up, but that's just my opinion. ;)

For a backup if we could swing it, hell yeah I'd take him.

He's got a ton of potential -- he just needs a coaching staff that is willing to develop him and let him make the mistakes new quarterbacks are going to make. I never thought he should have been benched last year in favor of Frerotte. You saw that his game was much improved during their run to the playoffs. Imagine if he had started the full year.

I like Matt Moore, but I'd venture to say Jackson has much more potential than any quarterback on our roster.

I was curious what you meant.. lol And well, they have AD and Chester Taylor..

Taylor is no joke either, so I'd throw out the belief that they only have AD running the ball and that we are that much more superior because they have 1 guy and we have 2..

To me, Vikes already have that running game you think Jackson would need to help him.. So the "truth" still doesn't add up, but that's just my opinion. ;)

I gotcha... I see your point. I'm just saying I think ours is deeper, so maybe it wasn't "truth" that our run game is better. My homer snuck out, lol. But we are deeper. And I discounted Chester b/c I see him more as a 3rd down guy that's a versatile receiving type of back. He can do some work on the ground too, but he's not JStew.

I just think Jackson is better than any backups we have right now and for the right price, I'd be willing to take him and hopefully develop him behind Jake.

So because McCown and Moore weren't great, we need to bring in another player that isn't great?

They are shopping him, which means it'll cost us to get him. Whatever the cost, he isn't our future and you're wasting time and picks to get a player who sucks anyhow..

Makes no sense to me... If he's a FA, this is a different story, perhaps you can bring him in and satisfy the masses to get another QB who will never take a snap as starter, minus an injury. However, this isn't the case, and makes absolutely no sense at all...

People never stop to think if their suggested move would actually make the team any better, they only know that it's different, so it must be done..

If they'd just stop, for just one second, and think..

:banghead:

Did anyone notice that Delhomme picked up right where he left off in the postseason playoff game to the Cards? The Offense looked totally anemic with the exception of Dwill. And now the defense is rather laid back(more like runover). If the preseason opener was any indication of what's to come - - -well it doesn't look too promising. Hunter Cantwell was the best results on the field along with Goodson. Not much else indicative of a good competitive level!

Archived