• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hawks/Hornets thread

†William Moore†

Honestly Super, you can go back and read everything I have ever posted about Lance... I'm a fan. I wanted us to draft him when he came out... I've said it a million times. But, once we didn't draft him and basically built a team up over those three years since his draft, he didn't fit with what we had unless we made other moves (like moving Kemba OR getting more shooters).

When people were talking about getting him last season, I warned everyone that he didn't fit and I wouldn't be a fan of the move because he and Kemba would not fit together. Not only that, too many people were spouting off that he was going to become a primary scorer and would be ideal. I warned he would not because he has never been a perimeter threat, nor was he a natural scorer. He is a great all-around playmaker, but he is NOT a scorer, which is what fit our needs best. Which is also why I suggested going after PJ and signing a stop gap guy like JR Smith.

But he is here... And what do you know... It isn't looking good. That's not his fault, this team is just poorly constructed. And until a move is made, im going to complain about it because I said it wouldn't work from the beginning. It could be as simple as moving either Kemba or Lance to the 2nd unit as the 6th man, or trading one of them away, but otherwise, we are going to keep struggling.

And im with you RR, at this point, if Clifford wants to save this season and/or his job, then he needs to play PJ starter' minutes. Take the good with the bad, but he makes the team better by being out there. Idc if it's at the 2 or 3, he needs to be out there. Kemba and Lance are killing us.

I really believe there is no chance Clifford gets fired.

Kind of surprised I even see it talked about.

I'm talking about at the end of the season, if even then. That doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be fired, I just don't think we will or can. I was actually going to mention that in a separate thread, but I've been surprised by MJ's seeming indifference after all of these losses. He was dapping up and hugging Chris Paul and Steve Kerr after each of those losses.

I'm talking about at the end of the season, if even then. That doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be fired, I just don't think we will or can. I was actually going to mention that in a separate thread, but I've been surprised by MJ's seeming indifference after all of these losses. He was dapping up and hugging Chris Paul and Steve Kerr after each of those losses.

Reactionary ownership is how you wind up being Dan Snyder.

This is a franchise that has recycled coaches year in and year out. What it needs right now is stability at the coaching spot. Clifford has been less than impressive, but last year he earned the benefit of the doubt. Besides, as you documented, he is working with a roster that doesn't fit together no matter what he does.

Cho should be the one feeling the heat for building this team for which we sacrificed years of NBA futility.

Clifford hates playing young guys over veterans but you cannot deny the progression from MKG and Zeller.

Archived