• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pack it in... Bring on McEichel

CarolinaPanthers8789

Well after watching the Canes get dismantled today by the Flyers, I've officially decide to pack it in and so have the Canes as they are tied for dead last in the NHL with Edmonton (who we played just a decade ago for the Stanleu Cup).

Contrary to Peter Karmanos's belief that this team is good enough to win the whole thing, the Canes simply aren't a good hockey team.

Their #1 center is an enigmatic player that beats to his own drum (E. Staal), then there is the million dollar Russian who has one goal (Semin), the hobbled #2 center (J. Staal), the garbage goal machine first line winger (Tlusty), a midget (Gerbe), a ginger (Nash/who has supeisingly played well), a couple of swedes that are pissed off they're in Raleigh (Lindholm/Rask), a concussion waiting to happen (Skinner), a few AHL forwards (Terry/Boychuk), and a few forwards that shouldn't even be playing in the NHL (Malone/McClement), a dude whose name sounds like a nasal allergy (Nestrasil), a third liner who somehow ends up on the first line at random times (Dwyer) team USA (Faulk), Suh-care-uh (Sekera), two dudes who were traded for each other (Gleason/Liles), a guy who constantly scores on his own net (Hainsey), a few guys that take penalties at the worst opportuned time (Harrison/Bellemore), a dude named after the greatest athlete ever (Jordan), and two goalies that have swapped places since last year (Ward/Khudobin).

That sounds like a team that can win it all?!?!

Bring on McEichel!!!

Connor McDavid: 18 GP, 16 goals, 35 assists, 51 points, +34, 26 PIM

Jack Eichel: 16 GP, 8 goals, 19 assists, 27 points, +21, 10 PIM

That's it for your public service announcement.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm assuming you guys have been paying close attention to your potential future Hurricanes at the World Jr's?

I expected a lot more from Eichel

Yeah I thought McDavid looked good and I was really impressed with Dylan Strome.

As for our prospects I thought Tolchinsky from Russia looked good, I'm bummed that Fleury didn't make a Team Canada though.

Archived