• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So is Tiger done or what (part 2 1/2)

dos poptarts

Happy's previous thread has been archived so I couldn't reply....but Tiger is reaching the dosPoptarts level of WTF did I just skull my chip over the green again? Of course I would be ecstatic if I shot an 82.

Things reached a new low last week at the Waste Management Phoenix Open, where Woods managed his wasted game into dead last in the field, 12 shots from the cut. He now has finished last in two tournaments in succession, and his second-round 82 in Phoenix was the worst of his 1,109 PGA Tour rounds.

It's like watching Willie Mays flounder in center field for the New York Mets, Johnny Unitas getting benched in San Diego, Hakeem Olajuwon averaging seven points for the Toronto Raptors. The obvious difference is that all of those sports legends were at the end of their illustrious careers.

WTF Tiger?  Is this even a thing? How does one's ass deactivate?

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2015/02/06/tiger-woods-its-just-my-glutes-are-shutting-off/

“It’s just my glutes are shutting off,” he said. “Then they don’t activate and then, hence, it goes into my lower back. So I tried to activate my glutes as best I could in between, but they never stayed activated.”

I think he could benefit by drinking a couple of beers out on the course.  He's too uptight and worried about losing.  He just needs to give in and hit the god damned ball.  It's not that fuging difficult.  If I had all the money in the world to practice you bet your ass I could at least shoot even par.  Give me a fuging break with your glutes shutting off.  Go do some fuging kegles.

WTF Tiger?  Is this even a thing? How does one's ass deactivate?

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2015/02/06/tiger-woods-its-just-my-glutes-are-shutting-off/

“It’s just my glutes are shutting off,” he said. “Then they don’t activate and then, hence, it goes into my lower back. So I tried to activate my glutes as best I could in between, but they never stayed activated.”

Whodafug even talks like that? Who even has a mind that comes up with the phrasing to say something like that?

Obviously Tiger is fugged physically at the moment and in a bad place on the golf course.

Ya'll do remember 2013 though don't you?

Tiger Woods has won the 2013 PGA Tour Player of the Year Award over Henrik Stenson, Phil Mickelson, Matt Kuchar and Adam Scott.

Woods won five of the 16 tournaments he played this season and finished in the top 10 in three others.

His wins included the Arnold Palmer Invitational, Farmers Insurance Open, Players Championship, Cadillac Championship and Bridgestone Invitational.

Speaking on a conference call after being named Player of the Year, Woods said he was thrilled with the honor.

"Fantastic year all around, also incredible feeling to be voted on by your peers ... very humbling."

He also noted that his most significant win of the season was at the Players Championship.

"To win against that quality of a field is a great feeling."

This is the 11th time Woods has won the award but the first since 2009 when he won six times in 17 starts.

As Justin Ray pointed out, 11 is by far the most PGA Tour Player of the Year Awards won by a single golfer. Second most is two by both Fred Couples and Nick Price. The award has been given out since 1990.

Here are the past five winners of the award:

2013: Tiger Woods
2012: Rory McIlroy
2011: Luke Donald
2010: Jim Furyk
2009: Tiger Woods

He could get it back or he could be done, all up to the physical toll on his body I think.

Time will tell.

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/eye-on-golf/23873207/tiger-woods-wins-2013-pga-tour-player-of-the-year-award

Archived