• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2015 Summer Transfer Thread

C47

If you're going to post news, at least use a reputable source. Express is poo. 

EDIT: Bale's agent has said he "believes he'll be at Madrid next season". Would it shock me if he's gone? No. Do I expect him to be in Madrid next season? Yes, I don't think Bale is going to quit his "dream club" that easily, no matter what ignorant fans have called him.

http://www.managingmadrid.com/2015/5/14/8608265/gareth-bale-real-madrid-transfer-news-2015

Express is a horrible source of news.

quotes from the Telegraph and Express, why just single out Express?

Pro tip: when it comes to transfer news, they are all horrible and total speculation and rumors. Or do you know of one that isn't? But they did make a lot of great points on why Bale to Man U is very much in the realm of possibility. Had I told you all the transfers that actually went down last transfer window ahead of time, you would have thought it was all crazy and coo coo too.

If you're going to post news, at least use a reputable source. Express is poo.

EDIT: Bale's agent has said he "believes he'll be at Madrid next season". Would it shock me if he's gone? No. Do I expect him to be in Madrid next season? Yes, I don't think Bale is going to quit his "dream club" that easily, no matter what ignorant fans have called him.

http://www.managingmadrid.com/2015/5/14/8608265/gareth-bale-real-madrid-transfer-news-2015

you posted an SB Nation article as a "reputable source?" SB Nation is a few guys like us running a blog that follows their teams. As for Bale's agent, he trashed Real Madrid saying they aren't getting him the ball enough, which further supports the very rational theory that Bale and his agent want Bale back in the UK at a major club, and it doesn't get bigger than Man U.

Business Insider:

"Bale's agent talks too much: Real Madrid boss Ancelotti

Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti launched an attack on Gareth Bale's agent for claiming the Welshman's poor form this season is because his teammates don't pass him the ball.

Jonathan Barnett, who oversaw Bale's world record transfer to Madrid in September 2013, responded to fierce criticism of his star client's performance by saying: "Real have to work with Gareth and pass the ball to him more."

Ancelotti responded angrily:

"There are many people in this world that like to talk and at times they do so too much. Bale's agent has never been to one of our training sessions, he doesn't know our atmosphere and he is talking from the outside. ... It would have been better for him not to say anything."

http://www.businessinsider.com/afp-bales-agent-talks-too-much-real-madrid-boss-ancelotti-2015-5

you posted an SB Nation article as a "reputable source?" SB Nation is a few guys like us running a blog that follows their teams. As for Bale's agent, he trashed Real Madrid saying they aren't getting him the ball enough, which further supports the very rational theory that Bale and his agent want Bale back in the UK at a major club, and it doesn't get bigger than Man U.

It's a quote from his agent that is sourced from elsewhere. Not to mention the author is a Journalist who also does work for beIN. Reading is key. 

It's a quote from his agent that is sourced from elsewhere. Not to mention the author is a Journalist who also does work for beIN. Reading is key.

And to add to this: I gave you several links giving you intelligent points as to why Bale to Man U is very much in the realm of possibility, and your response is an article by SB Nation thst says:

Nobody knows what will happen with Gareth Bale's future. Although it would be premature to sell him, the Welsh player has been under heavy fire this season, so he could decide to leave Real Madrid . Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett spoke to TalkSport and discussed the future of his client.

"I believe that Bale will stay with Real Madrid next year, but as I always say, he's the one making the call. He will be the one deciding his future. I don't think Real will want to get rid of him because they paid

€100 million. He will only leave Real Madrid if he is not happy. I don't think his match against Juve was a failure, it was just bad luck. It's hard to compete against Cristiano Ronaldo but I don't think his two seasons with Real Madrid have been a failure."

As Barnett says, it's extremely unfair to label Bale's season as a failure, although it's true that it has been a disappointing second campaign after his brilliant debut with Real Madrid last year."

to C47:

The stuff I posted makes a ton of great points why Bale would leave for Man U. And what did you counter with? Hurrr his agent says he thinks he'll stay with RM, while at the same time saying plenty of stuff that makes it seem like he won't stay at RM: "It's up to Bale, and he did just have a disappointing 2nd year for RM." And that is on top of his agent recently trashing RM for not using Bale well enough

The only good point your link brings up is that he cost a lot. Like my links pointed out, costing a lot is nothing to Man U. And last year, Man U came out and said money is never a problem. As for the other great points my links brought up, you didn't identify or counter any of them, and you are acting all high and mighty about your genius reading skills?

Bale will not decide his future, he's under contract for 4 more years and RM paid $100m for him. They will not sell him for anything less than $85m.

It's up to RM, not Bale.

and to you:

No, it's up to Man U or whoever wants to buy Bale and what RM thinks about the offer plus how happy/unhappy Bale is at Madrid plus how RM values Bale currently and going forward

Real just last year sold a better winger in Di Maria to Man U for a British record £59.7 million. Per the Spanish press, RM got Bale for £77 million. Those two links I posted that you are crying about both said:

the 1st link:

"Any deal for Bale would likely cost at least £80 million, but that fee is likely to be within United’s reach as they prepare to reap the financial benefits of their record-breaking kit deal with Adidas."

the 2nd link:

"United's task in an eventual £80m transfer [fee for Bale]...But United are waiting with open arms, especially with a new £750m, 10 year kit deal with Adidas"

You yourself wrote on pg 6 in this thread: "Wenger got £82m in cash to spend this summer before any sales."

Why not Bale? That would be a nice addition to perhaps put Arsenal over the top

But that would be a win for RM if they could get that for Bale, as Bale's value went down this year

Bale's worth is estimated at £70.4M:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/gareth-bale/profil/spieler/39381#ath

and like you wrote: "Apparently Isco is not happy in Madrid per Madrid newspapers. Because ancelotti spent huge $$$ on Bale and James, Isco will continue to be a back-up. Madrid have to sale someone and move players around in order to let Isco be a starter... Who's going up for sale in Madrid? Bale looks like an odd man out because he has difficulty learning Spanish... I'm sure Wenger would love to buy Bale at discount price [and]... Bale confidence [bale's value] is dildos right now

so what is man u gonna do with depay? sell di maria?

(if they go for Bale, which I don't think they are. not this summer anyways)

Every Man U fan I've seen so far is giddy about Depay and Bale on the wings with Di Maria up top. Don't know what to think about that

keeping in mind that ARSEN and C47 got so totally anally devastated and buttmad over the very realistic idea of Bale back to the EPL (most likely to the richest EPL club Man U), how little must their private parts feel to them to read this admittedly unlikely but still slightly possible scenario:

"Ronaldo is set to leave Real Madrid this summer, according to one of their former players. And United are being linked with a £71.5million bid, with Ronaldo to Old Trafford seen as having a realistic chance of happening."

[oh God no, oh God no LOL stupid, can't happen can it? God please no, please no, sobbing ensues]

http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/14/manchester-united-transfer-news-gareth-bale-done-deal-71-5m-cristiano-ronaldo-move-christian-benteke-clear-to-sign-5196411/

"Ronaldo, who has faced questions over his future recently, is set quit Madrid in the coming weeks, according to their former star Agustin Rodriguez...Ronaldo could be about to return to Old Trafford in a shock transfer.

The Portuguese has never ruled out rejoining United and if these reports are true, it would a mammoth deal – in the region of £71.5 million."

[intense sobbing and wailing, it can't be, if can't be, waaaaah!]

http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/13/cristiano-ronaldo-lined-up-for-transfer-return-to-manchester-united-5194428/

"IS RON GONE? CRISTIANO RONALDO is ready to walk out on Real Madrid, a Bernabeu icon yesterday with over ten years’ service at the club claimed yesterday."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6452390/IS-RON-GONE.html

(oh God, oh God, the Sun, here come ARSEN's butt-devastation times one million and C47 posting some crappy SB Nation article as he hides in the backyard crying)

But here's a good point:

BBC Sport:

"[age 30] Ronaldo on the wane? Aside from his penalty, a notable aspect of Real's display against Juventus on Wednesday was Cristiano Ronaldo's failure to exert a significant impact upon the action.

You might expect the back-to-back Ballon d'Or winner to be at the heart of his team's late push for a second goal, peppering Buffon's goal with a barrage of ferocious long-range shots - in actual fact he did very little, and not for the first time recently.

He has been a peripheral performer on a number of occasions since the turn of the year, and even when he has contributed it has been in a different manner to the Ronaldo of old.

At the age of 30, the days of lung-busting surging runs and unstoppable 25-yard pile-drivers appear to be behind him, with Ronaldo now carrying out the majority of his work in and around the penalty area and scoring his goals from inside the box.

This is not to suggest he is no longer a world-class performer or that Real Madrid should dispense with his services [but why not?].

But perhaps he should now be seen chiefly as a penalty box predator who finishes other people's approach work, rather than the kind of player who can single-handedly take over a game and run the opposition ragged.

That could also mean that Real will no longer base their playing approach around him, instead making the creative talents of James

Rodriguez, Isco or even Bale [lol] the focal point of their attack."

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/32731873

Every Man U fan I've seen so far is giddy about Depay and Bale on the wings with Di Maria up top. Don't know what to think about that

don't they have some guys named rooney and rvp?  too many attackers.  they can't ignore that defense forever if they want to compete with chelsea anytime soon

or are you suggesting a diamond midfield... with bale and depay at lm and rm and di maria at the tip of the diamond?  that would make a lot more sense

yo if man u are really gonna sign bale they're gonna have to move di maria.... no way that they can't

Archived