• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2015 Summer Transfer Thread

C47

Reports from France confirm that Wenger indeed had a meeting with PSG today to discuss transfer of ST Cavani and CDM Rabiot for 70m pounds.  PSG said they would accept it if they had a replacement in place but because of such a late bid it's very hard for them to let Cavani go.  France, Spain, Germany can still sale players but they cannot buy them because their transfer window is closed.  Apparently Rabiot to Arsenal is likely to happen tomorrow.  Rabiot is a big physical dude.  Would be a good buy.  Good chance PSG will agree to sale Cavani to Arsenal in January.

What will make Wenger spend money? Because public pressure from the board and from fans obviously isn't enough. Does he think he is untouchable? Or just willing to be fired defending his principles?

He's very stubborn...  He thinks he's untouchable and smarter than everyone else.  He wants to prove the world that you do not have to spend money to be successful...  Sad part... He's been trying to do that all his life and it worked until 2005...  He absolutely refuses to adjust.  He signed like 15 teenagers in this transfer window...  He drives Arsenal fans absolutely nuts...  

Arsenal fans are so furious that Arsenal Trust asked Arsenal to schedule an immediate meeting and take transfer decisions away from Wenger because he's clearly not operating in the best interest of the team or board.  It's really not looking good for Wenger...  This might be his last year unless he does something special.  He really pissed off a lot of fans...  There is actually a strike where fans straight up refusing to buy Arsenal merchandise until next Summer and if players do not click in next 3 games, Arsenal fans promised to make Emirates Stadium a library for the rest of 2015-2016 seasons. 

Manchester City agreed on a deal for De Bruyne for £54m...  So Manchester City spent close to £200m already in this transfer window.  I don't see how they will avoid Fair Play Rules unless they bribe officials.  Manchester City is a horrible team and most of their fans jumped on bang wagon within last 3 years.  I remember when their stadium was half empty cause they did not have enough fans...  Manchester United start sucking and all of the sudden Manchester City stadium is sold out lol.

I will admit, even as a Bayern fan I was disappointed by this.  Wolfsburg took it to us in both our last Budeslinga meeting and the Super Cup.  I was really looking forward to trying to get back at them this season and wish they were at full sttrength

I will admit, even as a Bayern fan I was disappointed by this.  Wolfsburg took it to us in both our last Budeslinga meeting and the Super Cup.  I was really looking forward to trying to get back at them this season and wish they were at full sttrength

It happens...  I find it funny how Wolfsburg purchased De Bruyne for around 20m and 1 year later turn around and sold him for almost 200% more...  Brilliant piece of business.  Especially the way De Bryune struggled in EPL. 

Archived