• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Enes Kanter wants to be traded

MichaelNewtonII

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/2/12/8025451/nba-trade-rumors-2015-enes-kanter-jazz

Jazz center Enes Kanter has asked the team to trade him, according to separate reports from Aaron Falk of the Salt Lake Tribune and Jody Genessy of the Deseret News. Kanter expressed this desire to both outlets following theJazz's 87-82 road loss to the Timberwolves Wednesday, a game in which Kanter was forced out of with an eye injury. Kanter was kept on the bench for the entire fourth quarter, but told reporters afterwards that he was healthy enough to play.

"It was not my eye at all. I don't know what it was, but it was not my eye at all. So we'll see what's going to happen," he reportedly said.

Kanter, the third-overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft, has been productive this year, averaging 14 points and eight rebounds per game. But he's playing just 27 minutes per contest and at times has found himself buried in the rotation behind Derrick Favors,Rudy Gobert and Trevor Booker. That, according to Falk, is what has led to the trade request.

Do you think we should make an offer? i think he would be a good player for us and Al could be a great mentor for someone like him

I was holding back my opinion on him, but did some research... I'm not so sure he is a good fit here. He is not a rim protector at all. He can score (he went 4 games in a row with 20+ pts) but on a bad team. Everyone in Utah wants to see Rudy Gobert get more playing time over Kanter.

Once Biz comes back, Al and Biz should be able to hold it down with Maxiell coming in for some minutes some nights. Zeller and Marvin at the PF position is okay. I don't think Enes would be able to operate far away from the basket like Zeller and Marvin do. I think I will pass.

I was holding back my opinion on him, but did some research... I'm not so sure he is a good fit here. He is not a rim protector at all. He can score (he went 4 games in a row with 20+ pts) but on a bad team. Everyone in Utah wants to see Rudy Gobert get more playing time over Kanter.

Once Biz comes back, Al and Biz should be able to hold it down with Maxiell coming in for some minutes some nights. Zeller and Marvin at the PF position is okay. I don't think Enes would be able to operate far away from the basket like Zeller and Marvin do. I think I will pass.

His midrange game has been excellent his entire career, and he has really began to get a 3 point shot this season. He is definitely not a rim protector, or really anything more than an average defender. The problem in Utah is he and Favors both need plays ran for them to be successful offensively. They are a bad fit together, 

Kanter is better than Zeller imo, but anyone trading for him is basically trading for a 2 month rental with RFA rights after the season. No smart team is going to give up anything substantial for him, especially since everyone now knows he wants out.

Yeah seriously, if that package gets it done pull the trigger without thinking twice about it. Would make our team so much better.

McDonough, like most young GMs in the game, is a big proponent of young assets and draft picks and doesn't splurge in free agency even when he has a ton of cap room (this past season, they had enough cap room to add Melo and LeBron to a 48 win team.)

The reason he puts Dragic on the block is they're already paying two point guards, and even though Thomas is probably the one that should be moved in favor of Dragic, Goran's next contract is going to run into his 30s and it's not worth paying three point guards the money they will all command combined. Essentially, they would acquire a first round pick for a player they would let walk in a few months. Big picture, you take that any day of the week, even if you risk missing the playoffs in a brutal West.

As far as Lance is concerned, he is obviously at his lowest value right now. But, if you're the Suns, you have an opportunity to extract even more value out of this trade if you can rejuvenate Lance and flip him for something else next season when he is essentially an expiring contract. If it works, you look like a genius, and if it doesn't, you still got a first rounder and you have more than enough guard depth to bury him on the bench. Sacramento does this alot, which is why they were interested in Josh Smith this past offseason even when Josh Smith was the worst albatross contract in the league.

That deal makes alot more sense for both parties than it appears on the surface. I just question the Suns making a "seller" trade when Dragic could easily "buy" them alot more.

Archived