• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Happy Hearts Day

lola

Yeah, flowers blow. They're pretty for a few days, but new boots look good for years :)

Know your audience.

When you're dating a woman whose previous romantic partners ignored her birthdays, holidays, anniversaries...pretty much anything special, she appreciates the attention.  Especially true when gifts arrive in front of friends and coworkers.  She has a history of being stuck with guys who never did anything special for her or treated her like she was important.  I'm trying to make up for that.

Same deal for a 17 year old girl whose biological father never treated her like "daddy's girl" and even now doesn't bother keeping in touch with her.  He was invited to be there when she went to prom last year but didn't show up.  Didn't even bother to call or text.  I got to be there and see her transformed into a princess (and threaten her date with castration if anything happened).

Naturally, I did more than just send flowers, but the flowers and balloons were appreciated.  Her daughter even got competitive with her, saying she got the better arrangement.

They were happy, so I'm happy :D

I say, if the girl(s) are special, then go nuts. Why the hell not? I treated my date like a queen and my niece like a princess. Sure, some of the ideas and gifts are generic, corny and/or sappy BUT no girl or woman would oppose ravishing treatment no matter what they say. For instance, a co-worker of mine absolutely cursed the holiday. She claimed that she hated Valentines Day. Well, the moment she received a bouquet of roses, a box of chocolates and a teddy bear from a secret admirer she pulled a 180.

I've seen that kinda story unfold a time or two :lol:

Archived