• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huddle Up with Cam Newton

The Huddler

Guess you didn't watch the bears game this year

It would have been 21 points had Brown not had a 79-yard punt return, but the Bears were actually ahead early in the game by 2 TDs. The Bears could not hold that lead against most of the league.  You found 1 example against a team in disarray-- not exactly an endorsement.  You could equally ask, "How did we fall behind that far against the Bears, a team that was terrible in 2014, surrendering 448 points on the year and winning all of 5 games?"  The knock on Cam is not my doing, and he is commonly-perceived as a player who gets down when the chips are down.  Finding an isolated case proves the blind squirrel theory, and nothing more.  Heck, Frank Reich won a game from 34 points back, and he was not a great QB. 

Don't get me wrong, I want Cam to be great too, but I see this more objectively.  I do not get mad at people for having a differing opinion.  EVERY expert in the country will tell you that he has shortcomings; the only place they are not acknowledged is here on this board.  Now, if Cam improves in these areas, he will be great.  The knock on Cam is that he is a front runner, has mechanical issues, and a few lesser concerns.   One is a perception that has been repeatedly addressed in the media by people who know more than you or me; the other is obvious to anyone who knows a little about football.

I want him great.  I want him to be the best ever.  he is not there yet. Cam and the front office have some work to do this offseason first. 

The fact that you are still on the leadership angle says more about you than it does anyone else MHS.

Can you guys imagine where this team would be if we had traded Newton back in October 2013 like MHS wanted?

Yeah, what a great talent evaluator you are, you should totally be a general manager.

The fact that you are still on the leadership angle says more about you than it does anyone else MHS.

Can you guys imagine where this team would be if we had traded Newton back in October 2013 like MHS wanted?

Yeah, what a great talent evaluator you are, you should totally be a general manager.

he legitimatly wanted to trade cam?

he legitimatly wanted to trade cam?

There were an unfortunate number of fans here including him who felt that Gettleman was not "sold" on Cam based on out of context comments made by Dave. Due to that, they openly argued that we should "get what we can for him". Idiocy was running rampant.

Of course the Panthers went on a lengthy win streak not long after that and all those folks pretended they never said any of that.

Red is on my ignore list because he misinterprets direct statements, takes everything out of context, and can't debate without acting butt-hurt. There is no gray area for Red-he translates everything into a simple white./black. hot/cold, good./bad classification so he can process it.  He is angry and bitter, but i sense that life has not been kind to him, so I don't take it personally.  If he is tracking comments I made back to 2013, surely taking something out of context and not framing the point the way it was framed, then there is a bigger issue to worry about here.  So I ignore Red because I do not engage in discourse with people who cannot handle it.  Maybe you see how he tries to provoke in the response above.  Even when I have not responded to his ridiculous attempts to provoke for months, he is still at it.  It is sadly personal for him. 

Here is a gem of a thread.

This offseason:  Manning was watching hundreds of hours of film and developing chemistry with his WRs by throwing to them.

What was Cam doing?  Leading the crowd at Auburn basketball games. Icon and entertainer, yes.  Franchise QB?  What makes anyone think he is?

This post, lol.

MHS isn't a bad guy at all, he is actually very intelligent.

Unfortunately there is one matter that turns him into a raging potato, and that is Cam Newton.

Anywho, I will not derail your thread any further. My apologies Huddler.

Dude.. dont apologize to me bro. Im the Drunk Retard.

My thread was derailed the moment that dude named dex came in here and shared what he was told in his special class. "Da newtonz footswerk.. he needz to mak magik outa poopie. Be da best whn you sopprtng cast is poopie. Mak a throw good mcanics on your bum bum camie"

Jk dex.

Im the king of derailing, but thanks for the respect red. Respect back at you

It would have been 21 points had Brown not had a 79-yard punt return, but the Bears were actually ahead early in the game by 2 TDs. The Bears could not hold that lead against most of the league.  You found 1 example against a team in disarray-- not exactly an endorsement.  You could equally ask, "How did we fall behind that far against the Bears, a team that was terrible in 2014, surrendering 448 points on the year and winning all of 5 games?"  The knock on Cam is not my doing, and he is commonly-perceived as a player who gets down when the chips are down.  Finding an isolated case proves the blind squirrel theory, and nothing more.  Heck, Frank Reich won a game from 34 points back, and he was not a great QB. 

What 

Don't get me wrong, I want Cam to be great too, but I see this more objectively.  I do not get mad at people for having a differing opinion.  EVERY expert in the country will tell you that he has shortcomings; the only place they are not acknowledged is here on this board.  Now, if Cam improves in these areas, he will be great.  The knock on Cam is that he is a front runner, has mechanical issues, and a few lesser concerns.   One is a perception that has been repeatedly addressed in the media by people who know more than you or me; the other is obvious to anyone who knows a little about football.

I want him great.  I want him to be the best ever.  he is not there yet. Cam and the front office have some work to do this offseason first. 

You're right the only way Cam can be great is by leading his team to a comeback behind more than 30 points. Never mind the fact he has consistently executed when it counted the most these past 2 seasons. And lets just ignore that hes made huge, visible strides in his "leadership" throughout his career. And just forget the fact that his teammates have shown that they'll run through a brick wall for him (i.e. Brandon Williams). The fact that he cant consistently lead 20+ point comebacks with an offense that clearly isn't built for such performances is what we really need to focus on. I'm glad I can count on "objective minds" like yourself who have already made up their mind on him before he was drafted.

Archived