• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Meeks

rko396

The linebackers looked to be getting in their drops okay but then wouldn't be aggressive when guys flowed into their zones like they were afraid to be out of position so they stood like statues. The secondary is still not being aggressive off the line and doesn't break to the ball when the receiver makes a move. I don't know if it hard to change the bend don't break mindset of the past few years but the corners and safeties are playing much softer than Baltimore played us. It shouldn't be hard to fix though if the corners get the confidence to play aggressive instead of tentatively. it is likely more in the head than in the skills level. I just don't ever remember Indy playing so soft and I really doubt Fox is telling them to do that. I am getting the feeling Fox is pretty unhappy and expecting things to change. Letting a quarterback who is a 2nd year player go 23 of 27 for almost 300 yards is ridiculous when you have Matt Ryan and Brees in your division, both of who are much better than Flacco.

Add that with Brady, McNabb and Warner and our D looks to be getting lit up alot. Last season we played bad with the most important game (vs. Arizona) they gave up i believe 27 points in the first half. After halftime Arizona just tried to run out the clock. The Meeks hiring may turn out to be the best acquisition we ever made, but I dont get how adding a "Bend but dont Break" D will improve us from last year at all. Added now we are a lil more susceptible to the run

The linebackers looked to be getting in their drops okay but then wouldn't be aggressive when guys flowed into their zones like they were afraid to be out of position so they stood like statues. The secondary is still not being aggressive off the line and doesn't break to the ball when the receiver makes a move. I don't know if it hard to change the bend don't break mindset of the past few years but the corners and safeties are playing much softer than Baltimore played us. It shouldn't be hard to fix though if the corners get the confidence to play aggressive instead of tentatively. it is likely more in the head than in the skills level. I just don't ever remember Indy playing so soft and I really doubt Fox is telling them to do that. I am getting the feeling Fox is pretty unhappy and expecting things to change. Letting a quarterback who is a 2nd year player go 23 of 27 for almost 300 yards is ridiculous when you have Matt Ryan and Brees in your division, both of who are much better than Flacco.

Well said and a scary thought. I would go to say the same thing. When your players get the feel for the new scheme they will play better. It has always been that way. Look at the first part of 08 and then the second when we changed schemes.... Night and day there.

you watched the team practice yesterday..in a game that meant nothing and means nothing (agreed, score is irrelevant).

you want to bitch and moan about something you have not even seen yet. maybe that is your nature. Maybe your adolescence defines you more than some more mature posters here.

you need to be patient. Bitch about it when there is something to bitch about.

Predicting the future based on a few practices does not impress anyone. Noebody is thrilled with what was seen. All that does is make you look like a fool based on what you are basing your prediction on.....nothing

All I can say is Flacco practiced damn good

send him a medal if it makes you feel better

He is a probowl QB. This year and next. I also think he has had his number ones all through camp and all through the preseason and his 1 and 2 RB's...maybe that matters just a little.

hahaah SMH. thank u for ur input on the QB situation in the 2011 probowl

He is a probowl QB. This year and next. I also think he has had his number ones all through camp and all through the preseason and his 1 and 2 RB's...maybe that matters just a little.

yeah i really see him out doing rivers, brady, manning, palmer, roethlisberger, schaub and cassell, all while throwing to the ghosts derrick mason

I wonder if it really does take a year for a new D to be installed?

Last year at this time I remember that the secondary was breaking up passes

and smacking people who catch the ball as they catch it.

Now our secondary seems to be in the wrong places, and WRs get yards after a

catch because of poor tackleing.

I wonder if it really does take a year for a new D to be installed?

Last year at this time I remember that the secondary was breaking up passes

and smacking people who catch the ball as they catch it.

Now our secondary seems to be in the wrong places, and WRs get yards after a

catch because of poor tackleing.

Good post but watch what u say around here. Any form of negativity or concern against the high and mighty Carolina Panthers will quickly led to hate mail toward u about how the sky is falling. NO ONE and i mean NO ONE questions the panthers

I don't get the whole changing scheme thing either. The saints are changing scheme too but look better. My problem I see with Meeks is this whole speed thing. We had speed before he came. All this speed preaching seem too have caused alot of injuries too. All our D injuries seem too be to the legs (godfrey is the exception). Is seem we forgot the weight room with all this speed talk. Losing weight and not building muscle. We have no power you can get too a spot too make a tackle but you don't have the power too hold somebody. You can get away with making a big hit if you have some power behind that hit. I also agree with 55 because the LB were more interested in being in a spot then stopping Rice from catching the ball out the back field. All that speed makes you easy too get juked out of your shoes which happen last night alot. My problem is no power which hurts tackling. You can't hold a spot and no matter if you get too a spot you don't have the power too bring someone down.

I don't get the whole changing scheme thing either. The saints are changing scheme too but look better. My problem I see with Meeks is this whole speed thing. We had speed before he came. All this speed preaching seem too have caused alot of injuries too. All our D injuries seem too be to the legs (godfrey is the exception). Is seem we forgot the weight room with all this speed talk. Losing weight and not building muscle. We have no power you can get too a spot too make a tackle but you don't have the power too hold somebody. You can get away with making a big hit if you have some power behind that hit. I also agree with 55 because the LB were more interested in being in a spot then stopping Rice from catching the ball out the back field. All that speed makes you easy too get juked out of your shoes which happen last night alot. My problem is no power which hurts tackling. You can't hold a spot and no matter if you get too a spot you don't have the power too bring someone down.

Green Bay, NY Jets, Saints, etc.....lots have teams have made defensive changes.....Carolina fans are just hanging on to that b/c there isn't anything else to justify the poor play....except that the D simply isn't good in this scheme.

Regardless of Meeks or Trgo, the Fox defense is going to be doing a lot of the exact same things......and as we saw last year.....these guys can't cover playing these soft schemes relying on this DL for pressure.....

Green Bay, NY Jets, Saints, etc.....lots have teams have made defensive changes.....Carolina fans are just hanging on to that b/c there isn't anything else to justify the poor play....except that the D simply isn't good in this scheme.

Regardless of Meeks or Trio, the Fox defense is going to be doing a lot of the exact same things......and as we saw last year.....these guys can't cover playing these soft schemes relying on this DL for pressure.....

Agreed this is fox defense if they wanted too be better they would have brought in a better D coordinator. Not somebody who coach under another defensive HC.

Archived