• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Meeks

rko396

Watchin the game right now on NFL Network. Im still hating our D but i cant say im real familiar with Meek's colt background. Please tell me he blitz's or runs stunts besides a basic 4 man rush, cover 2 zone D.

Is that all he runs, or are we just being THAT secretive about our defense that we cant even run it in preseason?

Watchin the game right now on NFL Network. Im still hating our D but i cant say im real familiar with Meek's colt background. Please tell me he blitz's or runs stunts besides a basic 4 man rush, cover 2 zone D.

Is that all he runs, or are we just being THAT secretive about our defense that we cant even run it in preseason?

Indy fans are glad Meeks is gone. He ran a soft D that RARELY blitzed. They somehow managed to bend and not break a few seasons....The real problem is Fox.... Fox likes to play very soft trying to prevent plays from occuring. We saw it when Trgo was here and the same with Meeks. Fox's conservative soft schemes only work w/ a top 5-10 cailber DL. Trgo wasn't the problem nor was it his "complex" playbook....the problem is the scheme Fox insists these guys run. Without a Rucker, Jenkins, Peppers quaility DL....Fox's D schemes are going to fail........and we all know Fox sticks with what he does.....that is until the season is over and then he might make an adjustment after it is too late.

Indy fans are glad Meeks is gone. He ran a soft D that RARELY blitzed. They somehow managed to bend and not break a few seasons....The real problem is Fox.... Fox likes to play very soft trying to prevent plays from occuring. We saw it when Trgo was here and the same with Meeks. Fox's conservative soft schemes only work w/ a top 5-10 cailber DL. Trgo wasn't the problem nor was it his "complex" playbook....the problem is the scheme Fox insists these guys run. Without a Rucker, Jenkins, Peppers quaility DL....Fox's D schemes are going to fail........and we all know Fox sticks with what he does.....that is until the season is over and then he might make an adjustment after it is too late.

thts wht i was afraid of. I only talked with one Indy fan and hes hardly a reliable source so i was curious. This was a perfect system in 03 with those guys. I just hope Fox realizes tht Hayden might but just a step or 3 below Jenkins. SMH

RKO,

I am pretty sure he does not run a scheme. I doubt he understands the concept actually. He might not even know how to spell it. He was hired for a reason nobody understands. I think it is some kind of conspiracy. The SB ring he has is insignificant and apparently the Panthers front office hired him because he is some kind of friend of the family or something who was out of work. It's a definite charity case if you ask me. Maybe you should give him a call and share some of your ideas since obviously the FO has done such a poor job of hiring such an under-qualified failure.

/sarcasm

RKO,

I am pretty sure he does not run a scheme. I doubt he understands the concept actually. He might not even know how to spell it. He was hired for a reason nobody understands. I think it is some kind of conspiracy. The SB ring he has is insignificant and apparently the Panthers front office hired him because he is some kind of friend of the family or something who was out of work. It's a definite charity case if you ask me. Maybe you should give him a call and share some of your ideas since obviously the FO has done such a poor job of hiring such an under-qualified failure.

/sarcasm

Your right. I dono wht came over me. I totally forgot how great the Colts defense was during those years. Add the man in charge of that to our already shut down defense and I guess ur right, everything will be fine. 16-0!Thank you for taking the time to write me a nice paragraph tho. that was nice, u didnt have to :)

The real issue here is that Meeks has a history of being a secondary guy and defensive backfield guru. That folks was the problem last night. The defensive line wasn't bad and got pressure much of the time. But the linebackers were almost always out of position and the corners allowed the receivers to go where they wanted to go and seemed more interested in just tackling them after the pass than they were in trying to defend the ball getting there to begin with.

If I heard Ray Rice out of the backfield for another catch I was going to go nuts. That was clearly Connor's man and he rarely was close. He was so worried about getting into his drop 10-15 yards behind the line he was too deep to stop the screens and dump-offs right in front of him. You can't pressure a quarterback when he has open receivers and 1 or 2 dump-off options wide open on every play.

As I was watching it I kept hearing the name Brian Westbrook spinning in my head and wondering how he would kill us in a few eeks if we don't get Beason back or get the defense to make the adjustments. I only hope this butt stomping will fire up the LBs and CBs to play better and give them plenty of film about what not to do. We got 2 weeks to figure it out.

Your right. I dono wht came over me. I totally forgot how great the Colts defense was during those years. Add the man in charge of that to our already shut down defense and I guess ur right, everything will be fine. 16-0!Thank you for taking the time to write me a nice paragraph tho. that was nice, u didnt have to :)

so you went form doom and gloom to 16-0.

you need balancing boy. that spinning head of yours is off its axis

the defense was good enough in INDY, always active and never playing bend don't break prevent which is the change we ALL wanted for the last two seasons. We have much better personnel than they had too. Try looking at the positive and stop betting your animal crackers on pre-season games. You might actually like football when its all said and done.

The real issue here is that Meeks has a history of being a secondary guy and defensive backfield guru. That folks was the problem last night. The defensive line wasn't bad and got pressure much of the time. But the linebackers were almost always out of position and the corners allowed the receivers to go where they wanted to go and seemed more interested in just tackling them after the pass than they were in trying to defend the ball getting there to begin with.

If I heard Ray Rice out of the backfield for another catch I was going to go nuts. That was clearly Connor's man and he rarely was close. He was so worried about getting into his drop 10-15 yards behind the line he was too deep to stop the screens and dump-offs right in front of him. You can't pressure a quarterback when he has open receivers and 1 or 2 dump-off options wide open on every play.

As I was watching it I kept hearing the name Brian Westbrook spinning in my head and wondering how he would kill us in a few eeks if we don't get Beason back or get the defense to make the adjustments. I only hope this butt stomping will fire up the LBs and CBs to play better and give them plenty of film about what not to do. We got 2 weeks to figure it out.

Did we mistake Flacco for Boller? or one of the other terrible QBs baltimore had? cuz if you put the ball in Westbrooks hands that many times (as u said before) game over. 14 days to adjust. Beason will do better then 95% of the linebackers in the league but i still don't like the explosive players Phili has going one on one with our LBs

so you went form doom and gloom to 16-0.

you need balancing boy. that spinning head of yours is off its axis

the defense was good enough in INDY, always active and never playing bend don't break prevent which is the change we ALL wanted for the last two seasons. We have much better personnel than they had too. Try looking at the positive and stop betting your animal crackers on pre-season games. You might actually like football when its all said and done.

I watched a team play yesterday. Your talking about Meeks running the defense of a team over 2 years ago. yes (for the 100th time) its preseaon, please show me where im complained about the score. Our D was awful. end of story. Practice, TC, regular season, or super bowl, we are playing bad and this switch u claim they have been be pressed (and pressed hard) in no later then 14 days

Our D is gonna have growing pains. Its compounded when you lose 2 of your LBs and one massive guy in the middle. We will get our LBs back so the LB problem should be fixed with that. New schemes take time people and this is not I repeat NOT what we ran last year so its New. BTW the Buc's hardly ever blitzed when Kiffen was there but they seemed to have a good D every year. New schemes take time..... Its only been a Month dont expect greatness even at the first part of the season.

Did we mistake Flacco for Boller? or one of the other terrible QBs baltimore had? cuz if you put the ball in Westbrooks hands that many times (as u said before) game over. 14 days to adjust. Beason will do better then 95% of the linebackers in the league but i still don't like the explosive players Phili has going one on one with our LBs

The linebackers looked to be getting in their drops okay but then wouldn't be aggressive when guys flowed into their zones like they were afraid to be out of position so they stood like statues. The secondary is still not being aggressive off the line and doesn't break to the ball when the receiver makes a move. I don't know if it hard to change the bend don't break mindset of the past few years but the corners and safeties are playing much softer than Baltimore played us. It shouldn't be hard to fix though if the corners get the confidence to play aggressive instead of tentatively. it is likely more in the head than in the skills level. I just don't ever remember Indy playing so soft and I really doubt Fox is telling them to do that. I am getting the feeling Fox is pretty unhappy and expecting things to change. Letting a quarterback who is a 2nd year player go 23 of 27 for almost 300 yards is ridiculous when you have Matt Ryan and Brees in your division, both of who are much better than Flacco.

I watched a team play yesterday.

you watched the team practice yesterday..in a game that meant nothing and means nothing (agreed, score is irrelevant).

you want to bitch and moan about something you have not even seen yet. maybe that is your nature. Maybe your adolescence defines you more than some more mature posters here.

you need to be patient. Bitch about it when there is something to bitch about.

Predicting the future based on a few practices does not impress anyone. Noebody is thrilled with what was seen. All that does is make you look like a fool based on what you are basing your prediction on.....nothing

Archived