• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

same as last year, Rivera says Cam has got to become a more sound QB

gettlemanjack

It's so simple. . You want him to be better put better players around him..

So what you're saying is that Cam can't improve unless he gets better talent? That's the dumbest statement I've ever heard. If you put Rodgers in our offense he would produce waaay better numbers than Cam ever has.

Until the start of the 2014 season, there was no difference between the RB yds between Cam and Dalton. And your simplistic way of calculating rushing yds is flawed. You have to take out all those WR touches.

Why does it matter who is running the ball be it receivers or backs? We are talking about the rushing game here. I'm willing to bet receiver designed runs are pretty minimal for both teams. I don't have all day to go look at every run and throw out runs by receivers over four season of football. I added up rushing totals from 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 and subtracted the career rushing totals for both Dalton and Cam and the Bengals out-rushed Carolina by nearly 1,000 yards in that time. I don't have the time to pick through those stats and determine the differences in YPC and attempts without Dalton and Cam's averages included and their numbers skewing the results. 

Oh and to bust C Pimp stat bubble even more..

Dalton 2nd wr in

2011 - Jerome Simpson Had more catches more yards and more TD than Lafell..

2012 Andrew Hawkins had More catches less yards and Even TD'S with Lafell

2013 Marvin Jones had more Catches 10 TD and More yards than Lafell. .

Next. .

So what you're saying is that Cam can't improve unless he gets better talent? That's the dumbest statement I've ever heard. If you put Rodgers in our offense he would produce waaay better numbers than Cam ever has.

You were already wrong about comp% now you want to compare a 10 year Super bowl mvp vet to a 4 year vet..

What was Rodgers numbers in his 1st 4 years again? ?

Has Rodgers every played with less than 4 reliable pass catching options??

Maybe you should look at that Packers surrounding cast before posting again. .

LOL.

Almost forgot.. outside of out-gaining Panther RBs by nearly 1,000 yards on the ground since 2011, Dalton's backs have also accounted for 45 total touchdowns while Cam's have accounted for 37 on the ground. Not a massive difference, but more production nonetheless. If you going to bang the stats drum to support your claims at least make sure they actually back up what you're attempting to argue rather than work against you. It's also worth noting that Cam's RB production in terms of touchdowns has been steadily declining since 2011 while Dalton's have steadily improved since 2011. Probably a direct correlation between drafting good young backs and riding old expensive backs into the ground. 

Almost forgot.. outside of out-gaining Panther RBs by nearly 1,000 yards on the ground since 2011, Dalton's backs have also accounted for 45 total touchdowns while Cam's have accounted for 37 on the ground. Not a massive difference, but more production nonetheless. If you going to bang the stats drum to support your claims at least make sure they actually back up what you're attempting to argue rather than work against you.

No he is only going to post half the stats to make a point..

Cam's backs touchdown production steadily declining with age:

2011 - 12 Total

2012 - 13 Total 

2013 - 8 Total

2014 - 4 Total

Dalton's backs touchdown production increasing by drafting talent at the RB position around him:

2011 - 9 Total

2012 - 7 Total

2013 - 14 Total

2014 - 15 Total

Obviously quite a bit of that has to do with the superior offensive line in Cincinnati and some differences in play calling in the red zone...but damn I'd say Dalton has a better supporting cast at the RB position. Would have been foolish to draft younger backs prior to this year due to the stable we already had and their cost, but it's pretty telling the impact a couple young second-round workhorses can have on an offense. 

So let's see..

Dalton has a better running game (stats proven)

Better WR corp (stats proven)

And better Oline (eye test and stats proven)

So what exactly is the Myth?

Dalton having a better supporting cast than Cam

or

C Pimp opinion? ?

Oh and to bust C Pimp stat bubble even more..

Dalton 2nd wr in

2011 - Jerome Simpson Had more catches more yards and more TD than Lafell..

2012 Andrew Hawkins had More catches less yards and Even TD'S with Lafell

2013 Marvin Jones had more Catches 10 TD and More yards than Lafell. .

Next. .

Maybe you cannot define what a weapon is. Jerome Simpson has been in the league 6yrs and has produced a grand total of 2,004yds, that is around 330yds a season. Hawkins has been in the league 4yrs with 1,800 yds, 450yds a season. Marvin Jones has a total of 913yds over a career of 3yrs. So those are what you call weapons?

LOL Reece, I am sure even you will be screaming if we called such consistent under performers weapons for Cam.

Cam's backs touchdown production steadily declining with age:

2011 - 12 Total

2012 - 13 Total 

2013 - 8 Total

2014 - 4 Total

Dalton's backs touchdown production increasing by drafting talent at the RB position around him:

2011 - 9 Total

2012 - 7 Total

2013 - 14 Total

2014 - 15 Total

Obviously quite a bit of that has to do with the superior offensive line in Cincinnati and some differences in play calling in the red zone...but damn I'd say Dalton has a better supporting cast at the RB position. Would have been foolish to draft younger backs prior to this year due to the stable we already had and their cost, but it's pretty telling the impact a couple young second-round workhorses can have on an offense. 

You are trying to ascribe things to me that I never said. I said until we got hit by the injury bug in 2014, there was no difference in production in the RB positions, but keep telling yourself that Dalton has had superior RB play since he entered the league and Cam hasn't hence his better passing stats.

You are trying to ascribe things to me that I never said. I said until we got hit by the injury bug in 2014, there was no difference in production in the RB positions, but keep telling yourself that Dalton has had superior RB play since he entered the league and Cam hasn't hence his better passing stats.

And yet, this whole debate was started over who had/has had the better supporting cast since entering the league. Why are we ignoring 2014, because it fits your argument? We can't just pretend 2014 never happened. Heck, Gio Bernard was injured last year too. I've shown you with "stats", that you brought up in the first place, that Dalton's running game has been superior in both yards and in touchdowns since 2011. Where are your stats? 

WOW!! was advising we actually build around our franchise QB. When the Bengals have built around Dalton, they have the production (in both TDs and yards on the ground) to show for it. Dalton has some elite pieces around him and he's still pretty average. Cam has been a bit better than average with sub-par pieces around him. It's time we build around him and help him to elevate his game. 

/I am done. 

And yet, this whole debate was started over who had/has had the better supporting cast since entering the league. Why are we ignoring 2014, because it fits your argument? We can't just pretend 2014 never happened. Heck, Gio Bernard was injured last year too. I've shown you with "stats", that you brought up in the first place, that Dalton's running game has been superior in both yards and in touchdowns since 2011. Where are your stats? 

Exactly, since entering the league, their supporting casts have been no different up until last year when injuries hit part of our cast. We had a bad oline and RB group last year. However to suggest that Dalton has better passing stats because he has had a superior cast from 2011 until date whiles Newton hasn't is erroneous to say the least.

Archived