• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

same as last year, Rivera says Cam has got to become a more sound QB

gettlemanjack

Maybe you cannot define what a weapon is. Jerome Simpson has been in the league 6yrs and has produced a grand total of 2,004yds, that is around 330yds a season. Hawkins has been in the league 4yrs with 1,800 yds, 450yds a season. Marvin Jones has a total of 913yds over a career of 3yrs. So those are what you call weapons?

LOL Reece, I am sure even you will be screaming if we called such consistent under performers weapons for Cam.

At what point do you stop trying to make stipulations to each point..

Op has shown you were wrong about rushing stats and I 've shown you that since 2011 Dalton number 2 WR put up better numbers than Cam's. .

Ppl can see you are changing your argument every post now..

At what point do you stop trying to make stipulations to each point..

Op has shown you were wrong about rushing stats and I 've shown you that since 2011 Dalton number 2 WR put up better numbers than Cam's. .

Ppl can see you are changing your argument every post now..

I am changing my argument? If I recall it was someone who went from Cam being the best at passing after 4yrs, to being the best at rushing to being the QB with no weapons, to being the QB with no rushing to what now? Dave415, you're really outdoing yourself. People can read you know.

And the OP has not talked about rushing stats in this thread.

Exactly, since entering the league, their supporting casts have been no different up until last year when injuries hit part of our cast. We had a bad oline and RB group last year. However to suggest that Dalton has better passing stats because he has had a superior cast from 2011 until date whiles Newton hasn't is erroneous to say the least.

My man, where the heck did I bring up passing at all? I was making the case for Dalton's running game being superior to Cam's since they both entered the league. 

If we eliminate 2014 (which I find silly in the first place) Dalton's backs out-rushed Cam's 4,823 to 4,490. Cam's backs scored three more times in that three year span. So there was a difference, although not by a whole lot. But to ignore 2014 because of injuries just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I'm sure the Bengals took some hits to their RB corps from 2011-2014 that I don't care to look up. As I said, part of the game. 

Exactly, since entering the league, their supporting casts have been no different up until last year when injuries hit part of our cast. We had a bad oline and RB group last year. However to suggest that Dalton has better passing stats because he has had a superior cast from 2011 until date whiles Newton hasn't is erroneous to say the least.

The Myth. .

You already showed that AJ Green has been better than our number #1 wr since being in the league. . And I already prove that Dalton's number 2 option each year has out produce Cam's. .

The facts. .

My man, where the heck did I bring up passing at all? I was making the case for Dalton's running game being superior to Cam's since they both entered the league. 

If we eliminate 2014 (which I find silly in the first place) Dalton's backs out-rushed Cam's 4,823 to 4,490. Cam's backs scored three more times in that three year span. So there was a difference, although not by a whole lot. But to ignore 2014 because of injuries just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I'm sure the Bengals took some hits to their RB corps from 2011-2014 that I don't care to look up. 

This argument that you joined in started with comments about Dalton's passing numbers. It's the reason I am putting everything back in context.

I talk about the injuries because it affected offensive production and seems to support a notion that Cam has been neglected. Truth is, no one can predict injuries. We can draft and bring in players but we cannot claim the FO is not interested in helping Cam when injuries hamstring production. If Stewart had been healthy for as long as Cam has been here, I am sure our rushing stats will be way better than they are now.

Every other young QB in the league playing better than Cam is due to them having an elite supporting cast. Poor Cam has no weapons and no one to help him.

I'll ask you this... QBs aside, what offensive group would you not trade ours for? Take into account offensive lines as unit, WRs as a unit, the TE position, and the backfield as a group. 

Realistically, 

I'd take us over what the Titans have to offer right now. Maybe the Bears. The Browns. The Chiefs. The Raiders. Safe to say we are not in good company right now. Maybe the Jets? 

If we eliminate 2014 (which I find silly in the first place) Dalton's backs out-rushed Cam's 4,823 to 4,490. Cam's backs scored three more times in that three year span. So there was a difference, although not by a whole lot. But to ignore 2014 because of injuries just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I'm sure the Bengals took some hits to their RB corps from 2011-2014 that I don't care to look up. As I said, part of the game.

Simple solution since he wants to take out 2014...

We should take out 2011 because we weren't complaining about Cam's supporting cast in 2011..

Let's only compare 2012 and 2013 then..

I am changing my argument? If I recall it was someone who went from Cam being the best at passing after 4yrs, to being the best at rushing to being the QB with no weapons, to being the QB with no rushing to what now? Dave415, you're really outdoing yourself. People can read you know.

And the OP has not talked about rushing stats in this thread.

People can read I gave you Dalton having more passing yards 2 pages ago..

But nobody is giving you Cam and Dalton playing with even supporting cast..

The stats nor does the eye test agree with you..

I'll ask you this... QBs aside, what offensive group would you not trade ours for? Take into account offensive lines as unit, WRs as a unit, the TE position, and the backfield as a group. 

Realistically, 

I'd take us over what the Titans have to offer right now. Maybe the Bears. The Browns. The Chiefs. The Raiders. Safe to say we are not in good company right now. Maybe the Jets? 

Who does Brady have? Outside of T.Y. Hilton, there is nothing in IND. SEA has Lynch and that's it. Falcons have Julio and nothing else. Bucs? SF had only a TE. I mean there are QBs out there who have had to make do with average talent. Cam is not the only one.

Who does Brady have? Outside of T.Y. Hilton, there is nothing in IND. SEA has Lynch and that's it. Falcons have Julio and nothing else. Bucs? SF had only a TE. I mean there are QBs out there who have had to make do with average talent. Cam is not the only one.

Wtf are you smoking..

Please make a survey and see how many people agree with this poo..

What does Indy have.... Who does Brady have... really??

Archived