• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

GDT: Hawks @ Hornets

themikestrick

They did exactly what they were supposed to do. Hawks rested their starters, Hornets won by 15. Tonight was a success.

People act like Popovich doesn't rest his starters and win by 10+ every season. Bud is a Pop desendent and his teams play like it...no matter who is playing on the floor they're going to give their opponents a game. That system and the ball movement in it are both works of beauty, basketball art. I know they lost tonight but they still showed how good they are in that loss.

I'm glad they won and all but could you imagine if we played our entire second string against the hawks starters. Their bench scored 100 points against our starting five. If the roles were reversed I doubt the hornets would crack 60 and would lose by 40+.

They did exactly what they were supposed to do. Hawks rested their starters, Hornets won by 15. Tonight was a success.

People act like Popovich doesn't rest his starters and win by 10+ every season. Bud is a Pop desendent and his teams play like it...no matter who is playing on the floor they're going to give their opponents a game. That system and the ball movement in it are both works of beauty, basketball art. I know they lost tonight but they still showed how good they are in that loss.

Offensively they were impressive, but they let the worst shooting team in the league shoot 53% and score 115 points. If anything, they showed why they were 2nd and 3rd string.

Offensively they were impressive, but they let the worst shooting team in the league shoot 53% and score 115 points. If anything, they showed why they were 2nd and 3rd string.

Was referencing their effort on both sides of the ball, and their offensive execution. They played hard for 4 quarters despite being given a tough challenge (for a set of backups) and a short bench. That speaks to their coaching, which is why they are so good at full strength. That's all I was saying.

Obviously they're going to have some defensive lapses because 1. it's the NBA and 2. they weren't as talented.

Archived