• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Workout Question

MichaelNewtonII

Your first problem is wanting to workout for how you look and not for your health. Get in shape to get in shape and have the ability to use your body better, not for the looks. I didn't do any weight lifting back when I was a prize fighter and I was in significantly better shape than all the other guys who did heavy lifting and I got more gals than those fellas too. Size is what lifting weights builds, not strength. I was stronger than all the guys lifting heavy weights and quicker too with more stamina. 

That looks like someone who doesn't work out.

Ok.. and?

Your first problem is wanting to workout for how you look and not for your health. Get in shape to get in shape and have the ability to use your body better, not for the looks. I didn't do any weight lifting back when I was a prize fighter and I was in significantly better shape than all the other guys who did heavy lifting and I got more gals than those fellas too. Size is what lifting weights builds, not strength. I was stronger than all the guys lifting heavy weights and quicker too with more stamina.

I am in great shape from all the sports I play (basketball, cross country, high jump, golf). And I want to have a chest for my self. Not for females, trust me I don't have much trouble in that department. I just want to get a chest

Should be able to get what you want with a poo load of push-ups. Look up variations of push-ups and hit it hard three days a week.

I'm gonna be lifting during my basketball period now since I'm done with bball, but I'm planning on 100 pushups when I wake up and go to sleep to add on to what I do in the weight room

Buy a pullup bar you can put on your door frame, it's really cheap. Your age and size lead me to believe you'd be more likely to do body weight stuff at home opposed to trying to dive into the deep end of weight lifting.

Body weight exercises are a great start and can definitely give results. You can do pull ups, pushups, and squats everyday depending on how quickly you can recover (i.e. how sore you are from previous day). start small and work your way up, it takes time but if you commit you should start seeing changes ~3weeks.

I know your main goal is your chest but if you just do a bazillion pushups you're going to look a little out of proportion because you're 6"3' if you don't touch your legs.

As your reps increase you need to eat more calories, especially protein. Can buy protein shakes, Cams Greek yogurt etc.

Have to start somewhere, good luck.

Buy a pullup bar you can put on your door frame, it's really cheap. Your age and size lead me to believe you'd be more likely to do body weight stuff at home opposed to trying to dive into the deep end of weight lifting.

Body weight exercises are a great start and can definitely give results. You can do pull ups, pushups, and squats everyday depending on how quickly you can recover (i.e. how sore you are from previous day). start small and work your way up, it takes time but if you commit you should start seeing changes ~3weeks.

I know your main goal is your chest but if you just do a bazillion pushups you're going to look a little out of proportion because you're 6"3' if you don't touch your legs.

As your reps increase you need to eat more calories, especially protein. Can buy protein shakes, Cams Greek yogurt etc.

Have to start somewhere, good luck.

fitness advice from "Tub of Goo"

60114268.jpg

Archived