• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tavaris Jackson?

d-run

I'm kinda suprised no one has mentioned trying to pick him up. Looks like the Vikes will take a 6th rounder for him. I think we have more pressing needs right now, but he could potentially be a qb of the future. If we do get him we could drop McCown to make a spot for him. What do you guys think? Would you give up a 6th rounder for him. I would. He was gonna be the starting qb for a super bowl contender this year. Alot of Vikings still want him as the starter. Just sayin, a 6th rounder?

I think the cost has come down significantly though. We may have just given a sixth rounder for a career long backup DT.

But why bring in someone just to do it. I know everyone is in love with the mobile inaccuarate QB, but that dosen't fit into our system. With the offense we run we wouldn't utilize him and he's not that great of a player to make us change our offense.

As for giving up a potential 6th rnder for a career backup that was a need, we had to do something to add another DT and with our position on the waiver wire there is no way we could get anyone of substance without trading.

But why bring in someone just to do it. I know everyone is in love with the mobile inaccuarate QB, but that dosen't fit into our system. With the offense we run we wouldn't utilize him and he's not that great of a player to make us change our offense.

As for giving up a potential 6th rnder for a career backup that was a need, we had to do something to add another DT and with our position on the waiver wire there is no way we could get anyone of substance without trading.

You do it because it is an upgrade over McCown and Moore. I think he could be a good player here if given the time to learn, he is still young. He was having a very good offseason in Minnesota. I don't think he would be a savior, but an upgrade.

I agree with you about having to get Leonard, or some other DT, but I was justing using that to put this in perspective. Jackson wouldn't be a huge impact on the team this year, unless Delhomme got hurt, but he would be an option in the future without having to give up alot.

Im not in love with Jackson, just wanted to discuss how low of an asking price this is.

Archived