• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers meeting with Landon Collins

jdpanther5

I agree his coverage issues are overblown, but no way can he be a single high FS in the NFL

there is nobody overblowing Landon's coverage issues as a zone LB/in-the-box-only-"S" in the middle of the field between the hashmarks. Landon himself says the same thing: "I can cover from the middle of the field to the numbers," he said. (he just straight up told you that he can't cover sideline-to-sideline, which is no surprise based on his crappola shuttle time, all he can be safely expected to do is hold down a little zone square over the middle while we pray they don't throw it there)

and people are worried he can't even do that well in the Major League but they are much much more worried about his man-to-man coverage ability. Everyone agrees he will get roasted by slot WRs which makes him a complete liability when going against OCs not named Shula, and especially on passing downs. Most agree he will get roasted by athletic TEs/RBs and there is a 50/50 opinion if he could cover scrub receiving TEs/RBs

People overblow his issues in coverage, he can cover. Play single high and in the box

I think he can cover in certain zones, but forgetaboutit one-on-one.

I'll give him above average football smarts too. But him vs slots/#1TEs is a 9-1 match up.

Archived