• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets offseason

rmoneyg35

Biz is the least of our worries.  I believe if he could start he would drop 10 points/10 boards a game easily, and if we had actual people that could score/shoot around him (a real SG) he would be fine.   We need a scorer, one that can shoot, more than anything.  We haven't had one in so long if ever.  

I usually agree with you, but I don't in this situation. Biz shot 2 percent from the field outside nine feet. If we had a center who could defend AND score from mid-range on occasion, it would keep defenses from camping out in the low block and it would make things easier on Kemba to drive to the basket and make more shots, or penetrate to an outside shooter we haven't yet acquired.

Honestly, with how inept our FO has been in player signings/re-signings, I'm certain AL is gonna get a loyalty extension regardless of how he performs next season.

It sucks...

Also funny, I mentioned how both AL and Lance looked like they did absolutely nothing in the offseason but count their money, and guess what comes out in the end of season pressers? Cho and AL agreed that he struggled with his conditioning and weight throughout the season and that played a huge part in his struggles. It was easy to see. To me he looked fat(ter) and slow(er) from the first game. Seemed winded like never before, and something as simple as FTs that he used to be pretty good at, he suddenly struggled with.

These guys suck...

Meanwhile in Indiana they're trying to publicly push Hibbert out the door because they want to go in a new direction and away from the slow space eating big man.

Those postseason press conferences were just the worst, although I'm not sure how much is just GM speak. Lance and Al (others too but particularly those two) need to be gone from this roster ASAP or at least held accountable in some way and here everyone was making excuses for each other and saying things were going to be better.

They finished one season barely over .500 and thought they had arrived (to be fair I think most of us thought so too) and fell flat on their face when they stopped putting in the work.

And you're right, it sucks, but Al is probably in line for a loyalty contract, which would just sum up everything that's been wrong with Charlotte basketball for the last decade.

Bad roster with limited future flexibility. It will be years before we have a chance to climb out of the hole of mediocrity. I agree that the only desperate hope we have to hold on to is the lottery, and those are some bad odds. 

Unfortunately, this.  

I don't think the FO is honest enough with themselves to get this team where it needs to be.  

Truthfully, the Hornets should intentionally suck it up next year and dump Al and Lance for young assets.  Play Biz, Zeller, and Vonleh as your big rotation, with MKG holding down the 3 spot.  Hell, go ahead and play PJ even though he sucks.  It will help with the tanking.  Draft either a SG or a C with your first pick.  Unfortunately, the team needs to take a shot at a PG in the draft, but there is no room on the roster right now for another PG.  

Does anyone see a way we could go after Jimmy Butler this offseason?

From my understanding, the Bulls will offer him the max eventually, at least that's the word... But, imo, if that was the case, he would have already signed an extension with them. That signals to me that they're still trying to negotiate for a lesser amount.

I imagine they would match any offer, but it would be worth a shot.

Does anyone see a way we could go after Jimmy Butler this offseason?

From my understanding, the Bulls will offer him the max eventually, at least that's the word... But, imo, if that was the case, he would have already signed an extension with them. That signals to me that they're still trying to negotiate for a lesser amount.

I imagine they would match any offer, but it would be worth a shot.

We won't have the space for a max offer sheet unless Al and Hendo opt out.

Archived