• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quotes from Panthers as Phase One of the offseason begins

gettlemanjack

Cam probably just didn't feel like answering 50 questions about his contract which is a decision I can't really blame him for because other than a question about him graduating, how it feels to have Ted Ginn back and maybe how much better it is to be healthy this offseason would be about the only thing he'd be asked.

What Bartin is saying here is:

"If I, Bartin, was asking questions in the press room when Cam spoke, i would realize they would ask him a lot of questions about his contract (so I'd let the others do that so i don't have to), i would ask him about him graduating, I'd ask him about Ginn, and maybe I'd ask him about his health. Other than that, i can't think of any good questions"

Cam doesnt like talking to the media. that is a fact.

I disagree. Cam does a Superman thing (Superman is arguably the greatest American icon ever) as his move in the NFL when he scores on running plays. Dude is not afraid of the press/publicity. If he ever becomes this shy "aw suwks" guy like the New York press dogs on Eli for, i would be saddened. Cam is the ultimate warrior. He fears NO ONE. Especially not the lowly guys writing articles instead of beating people's asses in on the field.

What Bartin is saying here is:

"If I, Bartin, was asking questions in the press room when Cam spoke, i would realize they would ask him a lot of questions about his contract (so I'd let the others do that so i don't have to), i would ask him about him graduating, I'd ask him about Ginn, and maybe I'd ask him about his health. Other than that, i can't think of any good questions"

Because there are no good questions to ask right now. What the hell are you going to ask him about right now that would be interesting to your readers? A question about whether he wants an OL or a WR from the draft? He would give a non answer to that, trusts the GM to make the right choice. Some question about Oher and Martin? He'd say he's looking forward to working with them or something. The one thing the entire fan base wants to know about is what is going on its his contract and it would be asked 10 different ways to try and squeeze some sort of insightful answer about it from him.

Is it really that big of a deal that he didn't talk to the media today?

Anyone who has been around the huddle and followed the Panthers long enough should know by now how some of those in our local media are. I imagine that Newton probably wanted the other players on the team to get an opportunity to speak instead of them having to sit around waiting while our local "journalists" bombard him with the same useless questions about his contract over and over.

Because there are no good questions to ask right now. What the hell are you going to ask him about right now that would be interesting to your readers? A question about whether he wants an OL or a WR from the draft? He would give a non answer to that, trusts the GM to make the right choice. Some question about Oher and Martin? He'd say he's looking forward to working with them or something. The one thing the entire fan base wants to know about is what is going on its his contract and it would be asked 10 different ways to try and squeeze some sort of insightful answer about it from him.

A question about whether he wants OT or WR would be fascinating. We have a whole thread speculating on what he'd answer. That’s a good question. Sure, like our team leader on offense, Kalil, he might start with "I trusts the guys upstairs." But Kalil finished with: "please sign some more OL to give us a chance."

Question about Oher and Martin: nobody would hire Cam to be even a high school OT coach, so yeah, not a good question

As for the contract, that's the least thing I want to know about. That's what he pays his agent for.

That's all you got to ask if you met Cam?

A question about whether he wants OT or WR would be fascinating. We have a whole thread speculating on what he'd answer. That’s a good question. Sure, like our team leader on offense, Kalil, he might start with "I trusts the guys upstairs." But Kalil finished with: "please sign some more OL to give us a chance."

Question about Oher and Martin: nobody would hire Cam to be even a high school OT coach, so yeah, not a good question

As for the contract, that's the least thing I want to know about. That's what he pays his agent for.

That's all you got to ask if you met Cam?

If I was a reporter in a press conference? Yes and those are the exact same questions that would have been asked if he was at the podium today in addition to getting bombarded about his contract which he hates.

Is it really that big of a deal that he didn't talk to the media today?

Anyone who has been around the huddle and followed the Panthers long enough should know by now how some of those in our local media are. I imagine that Newton probably wanted the other players on the team to get an opportunity to speak instead of them having to sit around waiting while our local "journalists" bombard him with the same useless questions about his contract over and over.

note that CJ is a higher-ranking team leader and the highest-paid player on our team (3rd highest in NFL for this season) and he didn't speak today, yet no one is bringing that up:

Team Leaders per our head coach:

Offense

1. Kalil (spoke today)

2. Olsen (spoke today)

3. Cam (didn't speak)

Defense

1. TD (spoke today)

2. CJ (didn't speak)

3. Luke (spoke today)

I disagree. Cam does a Superman thing (Superman is arguably the greatest American icon ever) as his move in the NFL when he scores on running plays. Dude is not afraid of the press/publicity. If he ever becomes this shy "aw suwks" guy like the New York press dogs on Eli for, i would be saddened. Cam is the ultimate warrior. He fears NO ONE. Especially not the lowly guys writing articles instead of beating people's asses in on the field.

Have you talked to Cam and asked him whether or not he likes to talk to the media GJ?

Do you really think Cam is a weak little bitch that doesn't? F U if so. Dead serious. We are talking about a great person her

Cam is not weak and he obviously will talk to the media. That doesn't mean he likes to talk to the media. 2 entirely different things. His rookie year he didn't want to talk to ESPN because of the comments made about him in the pre draft process. He did an interview with Hannah Storm on ESPN and he flat out vilified ESPN. I response to that interview, the media spun things against him again. Cam is not afraid to talk to the media and he is not weak but I don't think he likes the media. Plenty of evidence to support that. 

Cam is not weak and he obviously will talk to the media. That doesn't mean he likes to talk to the media. 2 entirely different things. His rookie year he didn't want to talk to ESPN because of the comments made about him in the pre draft process. He did an interview with Hannah Storm on ESPN and he flat out vilified ESPN. I response to that interview, the media spun things against him again. Cam is not afraid to talk to the media and he is not weak but I don't think he likes the media. Plenty of evidence to support that.

Pleeeease quit making Cam out to be a pussy. For the love of God WTF is wrong with you? Do you really think Cam is so retarded? Look, I've seen pretty much every teammate Cam's had from Luke back to Auburn say Cam is a total clown. And we've seen it with our our eyes with all the silly videos, pics, etc of him being silly. Sure, Luke Kuechly is a General. But if your whole locker room was a bunch of Lukes, it would suck. You need some jokers like Cam to make it not suck.

But that doesn't mean Cam is too dumb/silly/retarded to give interviews or press conferences. It is thoroughly humiliating to the Panthers that you or anybody else thinks so

Fortunately, it's just a few of you message board idiots that think lowly of our QB and soon-to-be locker-room-leader-on-offense once the 30-years-olds (Olsen and Kalil) have moved on...and they mentored Cam...we ARE IN GOOD HANDS

Pleeeease quit making Cam out to be a pussy. For the love of God WTF is wrong with you? Do you really think Cam is so retarded? Look, I've seen pretty much every teammate Cam's had from Luke back to Auburn say Cam is a total clown. And we've seen it with our our eyes with all the silly videos, pics, etc of him being silly. Sure, Luke Kuechly is a General. But if your whole locker room was a bunch of Lukes, it would suck. You need some jokers like Cam to make it not suck.

But that doesn't mean Cam is too dumb/silly/retarded to give interviews or press conferences. It is thoroughly humiliating to the Panthers that you or anybody else thinks so

Fortunately, it's just a few of you message board idiots that think lowly of our QB and soon-to-be locker-room-leader-on-offense once the 30-years-olds (Olsen and Kalil) have moved on...and they mentored Cam...we ARE IN GOOD HAI am not making 

I am not making Cam out to be a p++++. Don't know how you came to that conclusion. Please explain? . 

Fortunately, it's just a few of you message board idiots that think lowly of our QB and soon-to-be locker-room-leader-on-offense once the 30-years-olds (Olsen and Kalil) have moved on...and they mentored Cam...we ARE IN GOOD HANDS

He's not making Cam out to be a pussy. Not wanting to talk to the media if you don't have to isn't the same as being afraid to. If you watch Cam's Wednesday media Q&A you can tell he doesn't care for it. It's a waste of time to most players, getting asked the same old dumb questions or reporters trying to ask deep questions that they know they won't get an answer for. That would be annoying. Cam is comfortable in front of the camera. He just doesn't like stupid questions. For proof, watch how he responds to Joe Person and especially David Newton...

Archived