• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Open WWE/NXT/Pro Wrestling thread

teeray

4 hours ago, Lomez said:

They absolutely buried her. Bayley was booed by a large segment of the crowd last night. BAYLEY. The one character that (should be) so organically over and loveable that you'd almost literally have to TRY to get the crowd to turn on her. I'm dumbfounded. Honestly, though, they have made her look like an absolute dork for a solid month straight. It's on the writers/booking committee completely.

The show was saved by a great main event with a surprising finish. Brock/Joe is obviously a dream match-up and could be a great match. I do kind of wish they weren't just booking it as a one-off since (presumably) Brock is going to work with Strowman at Summerslam, but I'm happy that we're getting it at all.

Yeah.  It was bullshit.  Taking a break.  Dont care if Brooklyn makes fun of me ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2017-07-08 at 10:08 PM, party_animal said:

Finally caught up with the NJPW g1 stuff. Great wrestling.

This stuff blows WWE out of the water.

WWE likes to keep a lot of their talent in a box and doesn't allow for a lot of freedom in and out of the ring. Hence why Kenny Omega has chose to keep wrestling in Japan and now this.

Kenny Omega actually grew up in my city and really close to me. He's 5 years older than me so when I was in middle school me and my buddies would go down to the community centre to watch the local wrestling show once a week and that's where he started. Bobby Jay the guy who trained him (Beautiful Bobby Jay from WWF) goes to my gym and runs a very successful beer rec softball league here. 

Omega is quite possibly the best wrestler out there.

At least we don't have Stephanie's music opening the show right now (sorry for the jinx).

The opening segment this past week was pretty damn good, I thought. All promos related to the big hoss 4-way have delivered. Plus we got to see Strowman launch that security guard/Indy wrestler into another dimension.

Has anyone been keeping up with the G-1 Climax tournament? I haven't watched any of it so far, but I'm planning to watch as much as I can tonight and tomorrow morning. It's staggering how many ****+ matches have come out of it in only two weeks or so.

10 hours ago, Lomez said:

At least we don't have Stephanie's music opening the show right now (sorry for the jinx).

The opening segment this past week was pretty damn good, I thought. All promos related to the big hoss 4-way have delivered. Plus we got to see Strowman launch that security guard/Indy wrestler into another dimension.

Reigns on a mic is painful. Samoa Joe is just average to me and I can't see the appeal. I know, I know, unpopular opinion. I just don't buy him as a serious matchup for Strowman or Lesnar.

Thought the Balor/Samson match was entertaining and I like that they're setting up Balor/Wyatt. Think they've saved the Demon King persona for Wyatt, honestly. All signs point to that being the case. They setup Samson to hit Balor with the guitar to draw out the anger in the typically chill Balor to justify him having to reach deep against Wyatt. So, at least they're starting to handle Balor correctly and not just saying "here, he's a main event guy from the jump" like they tried to do. Just let him stop being injured, whether it's kayfabe or not.

Bayley and Sasha was fun. Bayley needs the title to help keep the women's division interesting, I think. Only so many angles they can work for storylines with Bayley only being a contender, and a lot of those have been done already.

Jason Jordan is fun to watch but I'm still torn on the Kurt Angle is my father angle. On one hand, it's hilarious and has great potential. On the other, it just seems ridiculous.

Archived