• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2011 NFL draft revisited, would you take JJ Watt over Cam?

You do realize that without a QB, we wouldn't have won the division two years in a row, right? Wilson's success at Seattle is mostly due to the Legion of Boom and Lynch, and you think he'd replicate his success with us?

I'm willing to go out on a limb here and say that the combination of Watt and Wilson would have less wins than Cam and Luke at Carolina.

Something we'll never know to be honest.  Plus, if our division wasn't so trash we wouldn't of won it with a losing record.  

I was reading the 2011 CBS remock and both of the writers had JJ Watt going first overall. Cam slipped to 2nd and 3rd in the redrafts, btw.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25139822/nfl-draft-redux-colin-kaepernick-to-browns-or-jets

Knowing what we know now, would you still take Cam over JJ Watt, who is quickly becoming the best pass rusher the league has ever seen? If you spent this offseason shitposting about "BPA! BPA!" would you still think that Cam is BPA over JJ?

Oh yeah and please don't turn this into yet another "CAM HATER!!" witch hunt/circlejerk please, you have a bunch of other threads to valiantly defend a million dollar athlete against the legion of evil sports writers who are probably saints and cowboys fans.

Watt would have obviously been a good pick; but what I'd be more interested in finding out is how the QB situation would have shaken out. Would we have nabbed someone is later rounds(we would have been in place for either Andy Dalton or Colin Kaepernick in the 2nd)? Would we have let it ride, and potentially been in the running for Andrew Luck in 2012? Way too many variables.

Now_thats_what_I_call_a_cool_story_bro.g

Just because I'm not a complete homer like your moronic ass, doesn't mean I can't state my opinion.  

I think that gif might have been edgy about 5 years ago.

Based on your commentary about this, and our OL in another thread, I don't think this is about being a homer, it's simply a complete lack of understanding on your part.

I think that gif might have been edgy about 5 years ago.

Based on your commentary about this, and our OL in another thread, I don't think this is about being a homer, it's simply a complete lack of understanding on your part.

I do recall many posters stating how you're awful.  You have brought literally nothing to this discussion.  Besides bashing someone for their opinion, and lack of understanding on what part?  Because I would take RW & Watt over Luke and Cam right now?  Okay, many other people that watch the NFL would do the same thing.  We had a discussion last year who would you rather have?  Luke or J.J. and the majority of this board took J.J.  Luke is the best LB in the game, but Watt is a game changer.  

I take my previous post back. I was thinking that we would have very likely gone for Kaepernick or Dalton in the 2nd, having the first pick in that round. But we didn't. We had no second round pick. Assuming that we would have had the address the emergency situation at QB with the likes of Ryan Mallet, Ricky Stanzi(who?), or T.J. Yates, I'm pretty happy with the direction that we went in. 

I do recall many posters stating how you're awful.  You have brought literally nothing to this discussion.  Besides bashing someone for their opinion, and lack of understanding on what part?  Because I would take RW & Watt over Luke and Cam right now?  Okay, many other people that watch the NFL would do the same thing.  We had a discussion last year who would you rather have?  Luke or J.J. and the majority of this board took J.J.  Luke is the best LB in the game, but Watt is a game changer.  

Girls!! Girls!! 

Let's settle on down now. I will say that NCtarheel gets a little leeway simply due to the fact that he's (I'm assuming) a UNC-Chapel Hill fan who would like RW to be his NFL QB. 

With all that being said, can't we all just agree with the fact that we dodged 3 potential landmines named Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, and Jake Locker in the first round?? That, alone, is reason to celebrate. 

Girls!! Girls!! 

Let's settle on down now. I will say that NCtarheel gets a little leeway simply due to the fact that he's (I'm assuming) a UNC-Chapel Hill fan who would like RW to be his NFL QB. 

With all that being said, can't we all just agree with the fact that we dodged 3 potential landmines named Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, and Jake Locker in the first round?? That, alone, is reason to celebrate. 

I don't think anybody clamored for any of those guys.  Boy did they suck.  

Archived