• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charles Johnson moving to Right Defensive End

smithmc

​If Dave Newton is reading that, you'd be wrong. These are his words:

"At 28, he’s not as fast as he was when Carolina selected him in the third round of the 2007 draft. That’s not a knock on Johnson, still at 6-foot-2 and 285 pounds the leader of the Panthers defense. But a lost step makes it tougher to get around the opposing team’s left tackle, who often is in the 6-5, 320-pound range.

Moving Johnson against less athletic right tackles might create more opportunities for him to get to the quarterback."

Time to left swipe left-hand turn obsessed former NASCAR writer Dave Newton. He's just not right.

I figure most people know that based on 1) the fact that it's painfully obvious and 2) the number of "wow, idiot" responses in this thread.

Just saw that nobody had actually mentioned it so I thought I would.

Of course since Charles Johnson is a Panther the narrative is automatically; "Well he must be declining, Not as good as before, Has to be compensated for". 

I bet if CJ was on the Saints it would be all about CJ being used more creatively. Seeking a resurgent season after battling injury. I swear to god media is always to ready to sht on our players and here's the proof right in front of our eyes.

Archived