• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Newton vs Ryan; the verdict?

CelibatePimp

Cam > > > > > > Ryan.

When you bring up the difference in weapons between the two qbs..  and how better weapons sway favor to the side of Ryan......  You will normally see a Falcon fan talking about Oline and defense.  Even though Cam's Oline has been just as bad,  if not worse than Ryan's.            The Falcons also fielded a top 5 scoring defense in '10 and '12 ,  the only two years the Falcons won the division under Ryan.      So think about that.......       JJ + White + Tony G. + top 10 Oline + top 5 scoring defense....that is a pretty stacked team that Ryan was only able to lead to one playoff win.   

Cam has his own faults,  but the thing about Ryan that really irks me,  as I've said across multiple forum platforms.. he is a coward.  He is all too willing and even eager to take himself out of plays.   He gives up and shows no heart,  when taken out of his comfort zone.        I know I'm not the only one noticing that about him...  I believe over the last two years,  a lot more people have started paying attention to that aspect about him.

And Ryan was exposed in 2013. No one views as Matt as elite anymore. He's one of the worst QBs under pressure while Cam is one of the best. That's why Cam is now ahead of Ryan in a lot of lists.

Ummm, no. Talk to us when Ryan has four UDFAs protecting him (one who use to be a DT) in one season. You guys don't get to use that excuse. Mediocre is still better than abysmal. You guys didn't have Bell and Chandler. So stop.

Oh please. In 2011, we had possibly one of the worst defensive units known to man (prior to Dallas and New Orleans taking that honor), and Cam still led us to six wins. We could've won at least nine games if our defense was able to stop teams from scoring late in games.

Stat fluffing doesn't make Ryan better. He has the IQ and accuracy but he lacks the balls and/or toughness to stand in the pocket and take one on the chin.

You spoiled Pigeon fans don't know what's 'much worse'.

​He's been one of the most sacked QBs in the entire league the past two years and you're telling me he can't take hits...lmao

He's still putting up good numbers while doing so my man. Just stop it.

Cam > > > > > > Ryan.

When you bring up the difference in weapons between the two qbs..  and how better weapons sway favor to the side of Ryan......  You will normally see a Falcon fan talking about Oline and defense.  Even though Cam's Oline has been just as bad,  if not worse than Ryan's.            The Falcons also fielded a top 5 scoring defense in '10 and '12 ,  the only two years the Falcons won the division under Ryan.      So think about that.......       JJ + White + Tony G. + top 10 Oline + top 5 scoring defense....that is a pretty stacked team that Ryan was only able to lead to one playoff win.   

Cam has his own faults,  but the thing about Ryan that really irks me,  as I've said across multiple forum platforms.. he is a coward.  He is all too willing and even eager to take himself out of plays.   He gives up and shows no heart,  when taken out of his comfort zone.        I know I'm not the only one noticing that about him...  I believe over the last two years,  a lot more people have started paying attention to that aspect about him.

​He's at the top of the NFL in comeback wins..."he gives up". Again, you really believe that? Or have anything to back up your assumption? 

I notice you completely avoided when I pointed that out on RC.net too. 

Someone's salty about Cam having the same number of playoff wins as their golden boi. Much more recently, too.

"Your defense won that game, not Cam" That what playoff football is about. Defense wins championships. Brady didn't intercept that pass on the 1 yard line. The year before, Wilson didn't sack, intercept, and shut down Manning. And Arizona's defense was orders of magnitude better than that bunch of dirty turds you had on defense.

That's why the Falcunts won't be close to sniffing the playoffs. They had 17 picks combined in the 2013 and 2014 drafts and used 13 of them on defense. They still ended up with the 32nd ranked defense last year. Bravo.

Someone's salty about Cam having the same number of playoff wins as their golden boi. Much more recently, too.

"Your defense won that game, not Cam" That what playoff football is about. Defense wins championships. Brady didn't intercept that pass on the 1 yard line. The year before, Wilson didn't sack, intercept, and shut down Manning. And Arizona's defense was orders of magnitude better than that bunch of dirty turds you had on defense.

That's why the Falcunts won't be close to sniffing the playoffs. They had 17 picks combined in the 2013 and 2014 drafts and used 13 of them on defense. They still ended up with the 32nd ranked defense last year. Bravo.

​Enter Dan Quinn 

​He's been one of the most sacked QBs in the entire league the past two years and you're telling me he can't take hits...lmao

He's still putting up good numbers while doing so my man. Just stop it.

​in just 4 years I'm willing to bet Cam has taken more hits than Ryan has in his entire career.

and if you look at sacks per passing attempts, Cam is destroying Ryan in that category.

just give it up Cam has had less help in every facet of the game yet he accounts for more of our offense than Ryan does for the falcons

​in just 4 years I'm willing to bet Cam has taken more hits than Ryan has in his entire career.

and if you look at sacks per passing attempts, Cam is destroying Ryan in that category.

just give it up Cam has had less help in every facet of the game yet he accounts for more of our offense than Ryan does for the falcons

He's been hit 531 times in his career. Does;t mean Ryan doesn't take hits. 

Serious question: Looking at your join date and posts in this thread, are you a Cam fan or Panthers fan? 

​He bring any talented Seattle players with him? Schofield doesn't count because I specified talented players.

Did that roster make him or did he make that roster? Could a guy like Richard Sherman succeed anywhere where he isn't a zone corner with excellently schemed help all around him (he's terrible in man)? Would Bobby Wagner be a a SB MVP type player anywhere else? 

Did that roster make him or did he make that roster? Could a guy like Richard Sherman succeed anywhere where he isn't a zone corner with excellently schemed help all around him (he's terrible in man)? Would Bobby Wagner be a a SB MVP type player anywhere else? 

​I love how you think Quinn did something other than take over what Gus Bradley and Pete Carroll had built. He was simply a caretaker. He may very well have an eye for talent and developing it, but it's not something he's had to do yet.

Btw, unless LB Malcolm Smith had his name legally changed to Bobby Wagner, you got the wrong guy as SB MVP.

​He's at the top of the NFL in comeback wins..."he gives up". Again, you really believe that? Or have anything to back up your assumption? 

I notice you completely avoided when I pointed that out on RC.net too. 

​No.. I'm talking about Matt Ryan,  NOT Matt Bryant.   I agree,  Matt Bryant doesn't give up and as a result,  has a lot of comeback wins under his belt.

I still remember a few of those comebacks.     The final drive of the game - Hand off to Turner>hand off to Turner>hand off to Turner> Kick FG > Falcon fans claim Matt Ryan is a legend.

And Cam has been the most hit and sacked QB in the last four years. Boo hoo?

Well, considering Ryan folds every time we hit him in the mouth, no he can't -- at least not from us. The Huddle can supply a ton of pictures, gifs and videos of Matt wimping out or whining to the refs every time Hardy, Johnson, Star, Norman, Short, Edwards, Kuechly, Davis, etc got in his face.

Tannehill and Dalton have stats too. Point? Without Julio, White and Gonzalez, Ryan is another middle of a pack QB with no fortitude. 

​If 4500 yards, 26 TDs, and 67% is middle of the pack Cam must be bottom tier in the league. 

​No.. I'm talking about Matt Ryan,  NOT Matt Bryant.   I agree,  Matt Bryant doesn't give up and as a result,  has a lot of comeback wins under his belt.

I still remember a few of those comebacks.     The final drive of the game - Hand off to Turner>hand off to Turner>hand off to Turner> Kick FG > Falcon fans claim Matt Ryan is a legend.

​This is a lie and you know it. Ask Hakari Nakamura.

Cam will never do something like this. Puts the towel on his head too quick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmJRVcFrDmE

Look at that throw and the hit he takes doing it. What a beast. And that's only his rookie year.

Archived