• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm going to be in New Orleans tomorrow

TheRumGone

Coop's for the fried chicken and the gumbo.

Mother's for the debris sandwich.

Commander's Palace for a nice meal, and a self guided walking tour of a pretty cool above ground cemetery across the street. You can also walk the Garden District nearby. 

Pat O's for a Hurricane.

Best live music/bars are on Frenchman Street. 

If you have time check out the National WW2 Museum. 

Coop's for the fried chicken and the gumbo.

Mother's for the debris sandwich.

Commander's Palace for a nice meal, and a self guided walking tour of a pretty cool above ground cemetery across the street. You can also walk the Garden District nearby. 

Pat O's for a Hurricane.

Best live music/bars are on Frenchman Street. 

If you have time check out the National WW2 Museum. 

Good calls, but the Palace is way better than commanders.

recommendations please

and you can leave out the usual sewage rat stuff I know there is great food and drinks to be had.

Manning's Sports Bar is pretty cool near the warehouse district.

I'll also endorse Coop's. Their marinated lamb rib appetizer is highly recommended. 

Frenchman's St is where to go for music hopping. Avoid Bourbon St like the plague. If you do go to Bourbon St, there's a guy in one of those clubs selling molly. TRAVELER'S TIP: it's not really molly. 

Of course you have to hit up Cafe Du Monde. Hint: there is no line, despite the long line you see outside. Those people are fools, it's first come first serve, so walk in and sit down at the first open place you find. Oh and go here late night after the bars. It's open 24 hours and there's nothing better than stuffing your face with fresh beignets and coffee at 3am.

Defintiely do the WWII museum and the 4D movie. It's expensive but very worth it.

Archived