• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Barclays Premier League- 2015/16 Season Thread

lrg_bpl.jpg

We are just about a month away from the 2015/16 Barclays Premier League season, so it's time to start getting your kits and scarves out. We will see a ton of new faces in the Premier League this year as teams look to regain their position in the top 4 and challenge for the title. The new TV deal signed by the Premiership injects even more money into these huge clubs, but it also helps the lower sides, as we've seen mid-table sides nick some solid players in this summer's transfer market.

Please welcome new arrivals AFC Bournemouth, Watford, and Norwhich City whose recent performance in the 2014/15 Championship season granted them promotion to the Premier League. We'll see if any of them can survive.

FIXTURES: Prem Fixture List

TABLE

1) Leicester City

2) Tottenham

3) Arsenal

4) Manchester City

5) Manchester United

6) Southampton

7) West Ham

8) Liverpool

9) Watford

10) Stoke City

11) Everton

12) Chelsea

13) Crystal Palace

14) West Brom

15) Bournemouth

16) Swansea City

17) Norwich

18) Newcastle

19) Sunderland

20) Aston Villa

If you have any preseason predictions, go ahead and post them and get the conversation rolling. This season promises to be quality.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm watching Arsenal friendly vs. Lyon...  Both teams playing their starters... 4-0 Arsenal at half time.  Lacazette is struggling big time and Lyon is just getting raped. 

Arsenal been on fire this preseason.  I really hope this translates into regular season.  Community Shield is next week!  

Well two summers ago I bought just the regular LFC kit, which I got signed by the captain last summer.  So I no longer wear it.  Last summer I purchased a customized Sterling jersey and wellllllllll, see how that went.  So I may be buying another one soon.  What player should I get on the back of this one?

Well two summers ago I bought just the regular LFC kit, which I got signed by the captain last summer.  So I no longer wear it.  Last summer I purchased a customized Sterling jersey and wellllllllll, see how that went.  So I may be buying another one soon.  What player should I get on the back of this one?

I'd say Henderson... He is your new Gerard.

I got Alexis Sanchez kit for my son for $30 on Amazon...  It was super cheap and was sold out with hours.

here is my guess. mid-table is a jumble as always. similar at the top, expecting everton to rebound. sunderland and newcastle are gonna struggle and i dont think the newly promoted teams will fare too well either.

TABLE

1) Chelsea

2) Manchester City

3) Manchester United

4) Arsenal

5) Tottenham

6) Liverpool

7) Everton

8) Swansea City

9) Southampton

10) West Ham

11) Crystal Palace

12) West Brom

13) Stoke City

14) Aston Villa

15) Norwich

16) Newcastle

17) Leicester City

18) Sunderland

19) Watford

20) Bournemouth

here is my guess. mid-table is a jumble as always. similar at the top, expecting everton to rebound. sunderland and newcastle are gonna struggle and i dont think the newly promoted teams will fare too well either.

TABLE

1) Chelsea

2) Manchester City

3) Manchester United

4) Arsenal

5) Tottenham

6) Liverpool

7) Everton

8) Swansea City

9) Southampton

10) West Ham

11) Crystal Palace

12) West Brom

13) Stoke City

14) Aston Villa

15) Norwich

16) Newcastle

17) Leicester City

18) Sunderland

19) Watford

20) Bournemouth

Hmm I rate Arsenal much higher than you do.  I think they have what it takes to give Chelsea a real run for their money.  Especially if they get Benzema.  Also can't see Liverpool being worse than fifth after the summer they've had but of course I'm sipping the red koolaid on that one.

Hmm I rate Arsenal much higher than you do.  I think they have what it takes to give Chelsea a real run for their money.  Especially if they get Benzema.  Also can't see Liverpool being worse than fifth after the summer they've had but of course I'm sipping the red koolaid on that one.

Depends on what other moves they make. I'm just not buying it with Arsenal. I think Tottenham will surprise and be better and still finish 5th, but I think the top 4 is gonna be very close and strong. I can see spots 1-4 being between 1-6 points difference.

I think Chelsea are the clear front runners for the title this year. Arsenal could possibly challenge them, but I don't quite trust them yet. There seems to always be SOMETHING that stops them, but on paper I do like them. City and Arsenal could battle for 2-3 if Sergio Aguero remains healthy.

I think United are going to struggle to click for a while and by the time they find their form, it may be too late. But I can see Liverpool, Tottenham, and United battling for the last UCL spot. Liverpool are going to have some talent, but it just depends on how the squad gels.

I think Chelsea are the clear front runners for the title this year. Arsenal could possibly challenge them, but I don't quite trust them yet. There seems to always be SOMETHING that stops them, but on paper I do like them. City and Arsenal could battle for 2-3 if Sergio Aguero remains healthy.

I think United are going to struggle to click for a while and by the time they find their form, it may be too late. But I can see Liverpool, Tottenham, and United battling for the last UCL spot. Liverpool are going to have some talent, but it just depends on how the squad gels.

I have high hopes for Liverpool this season.  We arguably had the best summer of any team in the league, we hit on basically all of our targets.  There's just still so many questions with the club right now.  Benteke can bag goals but does he fit our system (I'm not too sure), what is the midfield going to look like, what are the plans for Sturridge if he gets healthy (can he and Benteke coexist and gel together?) I honestly think Sturridge is absolutely better than Benteke when in form, what are the plans for Firmino (how is he going to be used?), etc.  This team has potential to get the fourth spot, but we have a brutal road slate the first half of the season I'm worried we could fall too far behind if it takes us awhile to gel.  Rodgers has his work cut out for him, his seat couldn't be any hotter.  Depth sure won't be an issue for this team though, so many quality guys that are gonna be fighting to get minutes to prove themselves.

I think a team that could have a great season is Crystal Palace, man what a rise to success they've had and they're only gonna get better.  Them signing Cabaye has to be one of the most underrated moves of the summer.  Cabaye leading the attack with Puncheon and Bolasie on the wings?  Scary.

Archived