• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Planning on coming to my first Training Camp

bLACKpANTHER

Ima be in Myrtle Beach from the 15th - 22nd (no shark jokes pls). My son and I are gonna make the trek over to Spartanburg possibly on Monday the 17th, I think. Is the Monday after a preseason game a good day to make it out? Any advice?

Should be good. The last practice before a game is usually a run through. But the first practice after a game and a day off is usually pretty good. 

oh you mean anywhere in the Piedmont?! haha. i was born in Rock Hill, lived in Columbia for a time, and have spent the past 6 years in the Upstate of SC. i certainly know what the surface of the sun feels like...

I'm pretty sure Columbia is the devil's backup plan in case hell ever freezes over.  If you lived in Columbia, you're ready.

Ima be in Myrtle Beach from the 15th - 22nd (no shark jokes pls). My son and I are gonna make the trek over to Spartanburg possibly on Monday the 17th, I think. Is the Monday after a preseason game a good day to make it out? Any advice?

My son and I made that trip a couple times....... a good 3 1/2 4 hrs.

We made it a two day trip to make the most out of it. We stayed at a hotel in Spartanburg near the hwy. .....$89.

My wife was at a condo in Myrtle and the boys were at training camp in Spartanburg.

Believe me.........it was worth the extra bucks to stay overnite.

As has been mentioned

http://coolcosmos.ipac.caltech.edu/ask/7-How-hot-is-the-Sun-

10,000 degrees... plus 99.999999999999% humidity, unless it is 100% and raining... You'll basically feel like you're in a pressure cooker and someone's left the stove knob on high... If it is raining, well, it's like taking a lukewarm shower in a sauna and you'll be miserable the rest of the day...

I stopped making the 4 hour day trip several years ago mainly because it is so miserable out there...

Archived