• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DAY 4 - Training Camp Tweets

KB_fan

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• right, because no other teams have RBs and LBs.
    • THIS PERTAINS TO PICK 101 ONLY If we don't draft CB we are in trouble in that area, however, there is a top TE and C sitting there.  Here is my breakdown of the CBs along with a brief mention of the other possible choices. If I were GM, I would take Tampa, fwiw. Nickel Corners    My preference:  Jarvis Brownlee (One of my favorite day 3 options, Brownlee is tough and aggressive with strong tackling skills.  5’ 10”, a nickel who can play outside because. Aggressive in the first five yards area.  NFL Network calls him “good backup with potential to develop into a starter.”  4th round grade.   Highest rated:  Kris Abrams-Draine (a good tackling CB3–converted WR.  Had 6 Interceptions.  Good value–had a third round grade.  Versatile. Needs to work on tackling.   NFL Combine site calls him “average starter” and gives him 3rd-4th rd. grade )   Sleeper:  Myles Harden (SDSU-good tackling CB with short arms–projects to big nickel or even safety.  Has 4th round grade.  NFL Combine site calls him “good backup with potential to develop into starter.”)   Outside CBs   Highest rated and my preference:  TJ Tampa (for some reason, this large outside CB has been overlooked.  Maybe because the nickel CBs are in demand)  had a 2nd to 3rd round grade according to many NFL sites.  NFL Combine site rates him as an “average starter” in the NFL)   D.J. James (Rarely out of position in zone or man. Outside CB.  Struggles with larger receivers and not great in run support–teams will run at him, in fact.  Lance Zerlien gives him 3rd rd. grade.  NFL Combine site calls him “will eventually be a plus starter”)     Nehemiah Pritchett  (6’ outside CB who ran 4.36, he is probably a CB with day 2 value in some schemes.  Not a strong tackler and slow hip rotation could necessitate S help over the top.  Rated “good backup with potential to develop into a starter.” 4th round grade.   Caelen Carson (Kind of a mixed bag. Best in press man coverage. Outside CB.  Good tackler but takes bad angles.  Injury history 2021 and 2022.  Limited experience.  NFL Network site gives him a 3rd round grade with the “ability to be average starter” rating.)   Cam Hart  (6’3” outside CB who held Marvin Harrison in check.  Can play TEs and tall WRs well.  Not great in run support at this point. 4th round grade according to NFL Network Combine site.    Rated “good backup with potential to develop into a starter.”   Khyree Jackson (6’ 4” outside  CB who is a good tackler and wins contested catches. Only started 14 games in college. 4th round grade.  Rated “good backup with potential to develop into a starter.” Might make a better S.)   Decamerion Richardson (Probably a Safety.  Ran 4.34 but has below average coverage skills. NFL Network calls him a “backup with special teams ability”)   MHS Recommendation:  Draft Tampa at #101.  If we are looking for a Nickel, draft Brownlee   Tight End   Ja’Tavion Sanders  Texas He can get up the field from in-line or from the slot, beating man coverage at his route stems or separating quickly from turns. He is able to dig in and win combat catches underneath and has proven to be highly effective running the seam or catching intermediate throws into zone pockets. Teams looking for a tight end with a more complete game might pass on him, but his potential to open up the passing game and become a highly productive pass-catcher should be hard to pass on.  Rated “eventually a plus starter” by NFL Network and predicted to go rounds 2-3. Center   Sedrick Van Pran-Granger would be an ideal pick to groom for 1 year to prepare for a starting role in 2025.  3-4 rd grade, Lance Zerlien calls him a solid day-2 pick.  Rated to “become an average starter”.  This would be a smart pick for the Panthers in round 4.   Second Wide Receiver     Here, I think we need a slot WR, and I would take a look at Rice or Washington.   
    • After sleeping on it, one thing came to mind that I do like about this draft so far is that these picks are not win now picks. It feels like the GM/Coach in Carolina has been trying to keep their jobs for so long that they have drafted and signed players without a longer vision.  First it was Hurney and Rivera, then Rhule then Fitt then Reich.    All of these picks have greater value after 2024. They can and will contribute this season but immediate returns aren’t needed to satisfy the owner and save the job of the GM/Coach.