• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DAY 6 - Training Camp Tweets (Aug 6)

KB_fan

A journalist should know better---no biggie, BUT--that is like saying "The President" while leaving "of my college fraternity" out of the text. 

Not really much to get so bent out of shape about, though ... It's a tweet, not a full-fledged article about the original (or not original) KK.

Anyone else concerned about Cam still throwing picks in camp? I expected to him to be near perfect after a full off season of work and good health.

How many picks has he thrown? I haven't heard much except a few here, and there. Which is not abnormal in camp. He's also thrown numerous touchdowns. One major thing you have to consider for camp is that the defensive players are out there trying to make the squad also, and they are pretty good too.

Regardless, you're not going to get a completely perfect QB, no matter what his name is.

The thing to look for in those picks though is, was it simply a poor throw, or was it a DB simply making a good play? Newton has forced some passes in the past, he's already commented on working on that. But on the flip side, our WR's have to do their part by fighting to get the ball for their QB.

How many picks has he thrown? I haven't heard much except a few here, and there. Which is not abnormal in camp. He's also thrown numerous touchdowns. One major thing you have to consider for camp is that the defensive players are out there trying to make the squad also, and they are pretty good too.

Regardless, you're not going to get a completely perfect QB, no matter what his name is.

The thing to look for in those picks though is, was it simply a poor throw, or was it a DB simply making a good play? Newton has forced some passes in the past, he's already commented on working on that. But on the flip side, our WR's have to do their part by fighting to get the ball for their QB.

I'm not sure how many he's throne. I saw a couple at the kickoff and it seems like there are 2 or 3 every day mentioned on Twitter. When I saw the video of TD's pick yesterday I immediately pictured a game changing pick 6 versus Seattle or Green Bay in the playoffs. Cam needs to stop trying to make something out of nothing and throw the dang ball away. You practice how you play.

I'm not sure how many he's throne. I saw a couple at the kickoff and it seems like there are 2 or 3 every day mentioned on Twitter. When I saw the video of TD's pick yesterday I immediately pictured a game changing pick 6 versus Seattle or Green Bay in the playoffs. Cam needs to stop trying to make something out of nothing and throw the dang ball away. You practice how you play.

I hear Mariota hasn't thrown a INT all camp... I guess that means he'll probably go the whole season without throwing one right?

Plus, it's not like we have this great defense or anything... I'd be more worried if this defense wasn't making plays.

Cam needs to stop trying to make something out of nothing and throw the dang ball away. 

This is what makes Cam special, how many times has he extended drives and made plays when it looks like there's nothing there? 

Cam is a playmaker and you take the good with the bad. Lucky for us the good outweighs the bad and it's not even close.

Here's Aaron Rodgers perspective on interceptions during TC:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000507512/article/rodgers-shows-tracking-training-camp-ints-is-silly

Sure, it's neat that rookie Marcus Mariota has yet to throw a pick in six practices. It's also utterly meaningless without context.

What type of throws is he making? How is the defense playing him? How is his handling of a new offense? Is he taking chances or just playing it safe? Without answers to these and many more questions, merely pointing to some meaningless training camp stat is extraneous fodder.

Take, for instance, Aaron Rodgers, the best quarterback in the NFL. The Green Bay Packers' signal-caller throws contested balls more often in practice to see what kind of play his receivers can make on the ball. It might result in a turnover, but it also provides him valuable information to use on Sundays.

"You have to show it in practice in order for me to feel comfortable making those throws in the game," Rodgers said, via ESPN.com. "That's kind of what this is all about. You make some of these throws and see how the guys respond, and if they're making the plays, then they're going to get more opportunities in the preseason and probably be around for the regular season. If they're not making those plays, they probably won't be around."

Added Rodgers: "I threw five last year in the regular season, so I know how to play in those games. Practice is about, it's different plays. The playbook is exponentially larger than the regular-season, game-week plan. So we're trying different things. There's different guys out there running routes who might not be in there when it is the actual game time. So you make different throws, you're working through different plays. Sometimes the defense makes the plays."

Practice is about learning and improving, not how many interceptions a quarterback throws.

This is what makes Cam special, how many times has he extended drives and made plays when it looks like there's nothing there? 

Cam is a playmaker and you take the good with the bad. Lucky for us the good outweighs the bad and it's not even close.

Yes you're right he's a play maker with his legs. We've seen him turn what would've been a definite sack on most into a 15 yard first down. We've also seen him turn what would've been a 3-5 yard loss into a 2nd and 30. I'm as big of a Cam lover as there is, but I cannot accept being careless with the football. You would think after 4 seasons he would've learned if a guy comes free like that and has him dead to rights he needs to try to elude him or throw it away. Not just throw it up for grabs off balanced.

We know that exact scenario will happen at some point during the season. We'll see what he does.

Not really much to get so bent out of shape about, though ... It's a tweet, not a full-fledged article about the original (or not original) KK.

I get it, which is why I embedded "no biggie" in the text.   However, he knows people follow him--I am a former journalist, so I know this--there is something called "accountability" and if you attach your name to fragmented or misinformation, it can hurt your credibility. So if you or I were to make a mistake like that, no big deal.  But if a journalist who knows he is being followed is careless, regardless of the format, he loses credibility.  Since the topic was insignificant, it is no big deal.  However, if he made a mistake about the Panthers on Twitter, and it caused you or someone to get upset, you can't say, "Oh well, it was a tweet."  His rep is at stake.

I'm a former journalist myself, so I know as well. I just think it's a little unfair to blast him on a tweet about Krispy Kreme .... I do PR now, so yes, I understand the consequences of an omitted word or misrepresentation, whether intended or not. (I'm not so good at this responding crap on here ... not sure what happened to the post I was responding to.)

Nobody blasted him.  Again, I mentioned that it was careless, and said, "no biggie" (exact words). 

To help you---Hit quote, and then scroll down  below the box with the quote in it and reply.  You are probably typing in the quotation box, which probably eliminates the quote.  hope that helps.

Archived