• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Players I'm looking forward to watching:

Ruff

So, after following all of the news at training camp (even attending a couple and Fan Fest myself), I have to say, there are some positions I think that we're definitely set at moving forward. Here's the positions I think that we will not draft, even if there is an incredible player there, waiting:

QB1
MLB
RB (This one is debatable, but, with the money tied up in JStew this year, along with the recent pick-ups of CAP and Todman, I think we're set here for at least a couple more years)
DT (Other than possibly some depth, I think we're set at DT for a long time)
SOLB (TD for now, then Shaq)

Those are the positions I would say for certain that we're truly locked in for the long haul, and you won't see much change moving forward from what we have now. There are some that I left off because of possible retirements, age, etc. Now, we have to look at what is the next group of players - players who are good/going to be good, that we're invested in for the future. But, you may see some movement here if there's any immediate upgrades in the Draft or in Free Agency that we could nab. For those, I'd say:

WR (KB, Funchess, and Brown)
LG/C/RG/RT
TE
DE
CB/S (Though, these are debatable. This one really depends on what happens with Norman in the longterm, along with Bene. Peanut gives us a solid one-year stopgap. Boston could be good, could be Lester-esque, a one-year wonder.)
P/K/LS

What does that mean moving forward? Well, I think the biggest positions that I'm looking forward to watching in 2015/2016 college football, to see if there is any upgrades available, would be to the following positions (definite positions of need):

LT
S
CB (If you consider Bene to be a permanent fixture at Nickle instead of CB.)

Now, three players at each position I'd love to see us get, and possibly even some others sprinkled in for the maybe position. 

LT: 

Ronnie Stanley (LT, Notre Dame)
Laremy Tunsil (LT, Ole Miss)
Jack Conklin (LT, Michigan State)

S: 

Von Bell (S, Ohio State)
Tony Conner (S, Ole Miss)
Darian Thompson (S, Boise State)

CB: 

Jalen Ramsey (CB, Florida State)
Vernon Hargreaves (CB, Florida)
Kendall Fuller (CD, Va Tech)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure how many picks we have in the 2016 NFL draft or if we're getting any Comp picks, but the way I see it as of now,  we should be looking at, in order: DE, OT, WR, SS, RB, TE. 

Possible Candidates:

Shawn Oakman, DE, Baylor

John Theus, OT, Georgia 

Ricky Seals Jones, WR, Texas A&M

RJ Williamson, SS, Michigan St

RB - No idea, honestly.

Jerell Adams, TE, South Carolina

Archived