• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Shula not worried about slow starts

ncmonzta

Typical shula

1st down . Run up the middle

2nd down. Run up the middle 

3rd down . Hail mary.

4th down. Punt 

And Lets not forget on 3rd and long he runs and 3 and short he calls a deep pass

Shula is so creative. None of the other teams we play have figured out his offensive scheme yet. So why should he worry about a slow start. HEAVY, HEAVY, SARCASM! 

I think that because Rivera is primarily a defensive minded Coach he is unfortunately satisfied with a vanilla offensive. Which is a complete waste of Cam Newton's talent. Proof of Rivera's attitude about offense are his comments after losing the majority of our WR's. Rivera stated that WR's only needed to make 10 more catches per  to make up for the loss of production. He does not value the need for offensive production versus the defenses ability to stop or reduce the other team's production. Until Rivera values a more balanced approach that looks at offense as being equally important I think that Mike Shula and his vanilla approach is here to stay. 

I agree he is the weakest coach by far.

I just think if you decide to bring in a ball control coach......b/c you want to win and play that way then you will always have a "weak" coordinator.  The bright minds of today aren't coaching ball control.

There is nothing wrong with ball control, the problem is that when the other team scores points you have to have an OC that knows how to call plays that can generate points quickly when necessary. And I don't mean a 2-minute offensive series only employed in the 4th quarter when we're 2 TD's behind. Coach Ron and OC Shula don't seem to get that. 

Shula is so creative. None of the other teams we play have figured out his offensive scheme yet. So why should he worry about a slow start. HEAVY, HEAVY, SARCASM! 

shula has the most athletic qb and he wants to limit the amount of times cam runs the ball lol 

Archived