• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If You Are Unsure What Carolina is Getting With Jared Allen...

chknwing

Who says? Don't see a source for your quote. I'm going by Gross, who should know, that he's not a speed rusher. As for getting back to full strength after pneumonia, have another 'who says?' At any rate, we'll find out what he's got left, and meanwhile I'd rather be optimistic about the new guy.

Source is my friend who's a Bears fan and knows his poo.

All I'm saying is maybe pump the brakes and temper expectations for a guy on his last legs.

Source is my friend who's a Bears fan and knows his poo.

All I'm saying is maybe pump the brakes and temper expectations for a guy on his last legs.

I'd feel better if your source knew more about football than poo. lol

I don't really have high expectations, but I'm willing to bet some Monopoly money that he'll be worth the conditional 6th round pick we gave up for him.

Sorry, but I'd take Gross's opinion over any fan's, especially given Gross played against him.

I'd feel better if your source knew more about football than poo. lol

I don't really have high expectations, but I'm willing to bet some Monopoly money that he'll be worth the conditional 6th round pick we gave up for him.

We'll see... time will tell.

I'm guardedly optimistic.

He looks awful light, like 230 LBs.......

I do know Allen has, what I call SUPER tendon strength. Hope he can keep his speed and add a few lean LBs. He was rumored to be one of the strongest pound per pound DLmen around a few years ago. 

Panthers roster has him at 270 and 255 is the lightest I've seen him listed. Maybe he looks light due to his height.

Even if he isnt the player he once was, he still brings veteral leadership and a mean streak and has vluable knowledge to share with our younger linemen.

Win-win scenario. Also Ealy better shape up quick, because when CJ comes back, it is Ealy's spot that Jarred is going to be playing in.

win-win.

also when cj is back we can slide ealy inside for pass rushing downs like we did with hardy 

Archived