• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Haynesworth can become unrestricted free agent, Are the Panthers interested???

Hotsauce

I didn't see anything posted about this anywhere.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3775006

"Haynesworth, 27, would likely draw great interest in the free-agent market. The 6-foot-6, 320-pound defensive tackle has 91 tackles and 14.5 sacks in the past two years. In seven NFL seasons, all in Tennessee, he has 271 career tackles -- 199 of them solo -- and 24 sacks."

I wonder if Peppers does not re-sign, should we go after him?

Peppers isn't leaving.

We can't afford Haynesworth.

I know noone wants Peppers to leave but there is chance that Pep might not want to stay in Carolina. If that happens, then you could pay Haynesworth what you were going to pay Pep. But I'm not sure I would want him, seems to have a lot of injuries towards the end of each season plus the whole stomping on a players neck thing.

Well, he had that issue, but we have dealt with Smith's issue as well. However, I do believe that was because he has been in the organization for so long.

Exactly, don't be surprised to see Bridges gone after this season also.

The FO does not like to deal with higher risk players. Smitty will always be the exception...not the norm.

haynesworth is likely to drop off the radar once he gets his giant contract somewhere. he's only been playing hard the past two years to get a big contract.

dude is a headcase of monumental proportions. if you think jenks was bad you haven't seen anything.

no way do i want that clown around here.

his "finest" moment and the main reason he won't be here:

i hate the cowboys as much as anyone but doing that to anyone is uncalled for.

Archived