• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How is the support for the Panthers in the Carolinas changing?

KillaCamNewton

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2015‎ ‎2‎:‎14‎:‎12‎, Servant of Cthululelei said:

It's not actually.  The team is naturally getting more support over time, too. Because people like me (age 25) have grown up with the Panthers.  We now buy jerseys and tickets and reproduce.

The success obviously matters too, but it's not all bandwagoners in Panther nation anymore.

This guy has hit the nail on the head. We are basically still a 1st generation team. When the kids who have grown up Panther fans start bringing their kids, things will look a whole bunch better. It just takes time for a fan base to grow.

In another 10 years, when these  kids continue to show up and start bringing their kids, it will be harder and harder to opposing fans to get tickets.

As been said. Most of the older fans were fans of another team when we got the Panthers. I was a life-long Lions fan. Some of those fans still root for their old team, some, like me, are Panther 1st old team 2nd.

I realize that patience isn't big nowadays. Everyone wants it now. But building a solid fan base from scratch, especially when a lot of fans already had a team, takes time. Just relax and enjoy the ride. Cuz we all see how exciting this place has become.

Its 2015. Theres a whole new generation of Panther fans that has been the Carolinas team ever since they were born. We now have Panther Cubs being born around the south east. 

Plus technology is way better from 2002.. example MNF. The stadium looked awesome, the colors, the light banners, the sound. Real cool poo.

Archived