• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

About that Newton vs Wilson debate

Lilsmitty09

20 hours ago, thefuzz said:

I'm just saying that there are a few young QB's out there that have a legit change of being really good NFL players...we just happen to have the one I would prefer, and I would assume the same thing is being said by Viking, Bengals, Raiders, and Seahawks fans everywhere.

In reality: If the Panthers were to win an NFL title, where fans could actually get to watch "Cam Do His Thing", many of those same fans would take Cam over their own young QB as well (with maybe few exceptions).

20 hours ago, d-dave said:

Cam has been really great for us, but his defense has bailed him out of some games too!  The debate will rage for their entire career so long as each remain productive and healthy, which is fine.  Think of how much wonderful debate, drama, and energy has come from the whole Brady/Manning debate.  I want it to stay Newton and someone else.  That's fine with me.  

The Seahawks go the way of their defense.  Wilson is a very good QB in his own way, like his escabability/mobility.  But when the defense isn't stopping people, they haven't been as able to make those plays to win games.  I'm sure there are a ton of reasons, but this is the NFL.  Either you make them (like the Panthers have this season) or you don't (like the Seahawks).

Let's enjoy the debate, and hope that everyone wants to compare their QBs to Cam.  His shadow is pretty big, and it has a cape!

Cam's defense had failed him many times his first 3 years in the NFL (even when they were good). And Cam had to win many games on his own, despite his defense.

That was never the case with Wilson FWIW. He was always carried by his defense and run game (and was spoon fed his first year) from day one in the NFL.

Cam, actually had to carry his team from day one. Let's see Russell Wilson do that for once. I know some can argue that's what's happening now, and he's failing at it.

Big difference.

1 minute ago, FootballMaestro said:

Cam's defense had failed him many times his first 3 years in the NFL (even when they were good). And Cam had to win many games on his own, despite his defense.

That was never the case with Wilson FWIW. He was always carried by his defense and run game (and was spoon fed his first year) from day one in the NFL.

Cam, actually had to carry his team from day one. Let's see Russell Wilson do that for once. I know some can argue that's what's happening now, and he's failing at it.

Big difference.

Amen.

20 hours ago, thefuzz said:

I'm just saying that there are a few young QB's out there that have a legit change of being really good NFL players...we just happen to have the one I would prefer, and I would assume the same thing is being said by Viking, Bengals, Raiders, and Seahawks fans everywhere.

Vikings?  As the deadspin article stated Cam looks like he's "playing against children"-Bridgewater is one of those children.  Watch their games and read their boards and you'll realize they're winning in spite of Theodore, not because of.

3 minutes ago, ctrcat said:

Vikings?  As the deadspin article stated Cam looks like he's "playing against children"-Bridgewater is one of those children.  Watch their games and read their boards and you'll realize they're winning in spite of Theodore, not because of.

I have watched the games, and I don't ever read other team's boards...I get enough dumb in here.

Teddy is a good QB, and one that I think will get better as he ages.  Listen, I love Cam, and I like him being the destructive force on the ground, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate what other QB's are doing.

We have some decent young QB's in the game right now, and Cam is at the top of that billing currently, that makes me happy.

Archived