• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Romo, Witten: Racist?

Mr. Scot

(Screamin) Steven A Smith hinted, after a discussion with Terrell owens on ESPN Radio yesterday, that "some players" in the Cowboy locker room believe Tony Romo's preference for throwing to Jason Witten has less to do with Witten's receiving ability and more to do with their shared skin color.

Pretty obvious, I'd say. Romo also prefers to work with white guys like Roy Williams, Patrick Crayton and Marion Barber.

Wait... :confused:

My guess is his claim that "other players said the same thing" more likely boils down to Owens saying that he wasn't the only guy who "knew about it" and Smith just taking his word for it :rolleyes:

My favorite part of the whole saga: Owens talking about how things just seem to swirl around him stated (paraphrasing) "I'm the pitfall" :smilielol5:

(you'd think a man of his statue would have a better vocabulary)

Plus their tight end happens to be a beast who doesn't drop every ball that comes his way when he's not in the end zone, which T.O. does. Also helps control the clock, especially in the absence of Barber now. And Stephen A. Smith has to be the most hapless idiot ever to open his mouth on ESPN, and that's saying something. His delivery (the whole condescending, "I'm speaking to the biggest bunch of mouthbreathers and I'm pissed about it" thing) makes me want to harm myself and others.

Romo trusts Witten as much as anything because the two are friends. The notion that guys who get along off the field have better chemistry on the field has planty of validity (just look at Delhomme and Smith).

Bottom line though: As has been mentioned, they could be the biggest friends in the world and it wouldn't matter if Witten were constantly dropping the ball. With Witten, drops are the exception, not the rule. He's clutch. That's why Romo trusts him (and I would too).

The rest of this is probably BS. I'm just not sure who's making it up. Could be Smith, but the more likely guess is Owens.

Archived