• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Think about this.

iamhubby1

Does anyone remember the beat-down we got from Denver in the 2012 season. And all the talk about how Kalil and Gross had talked to Cam about him doing his workouts by himself? How they thought he needed to join his teammates? And how Cam thought he had to be by himself, and he didn't know that he had to lead by example? Do you realize...since that game, we are 36-14-1? I don't want to toot my own horn. But, I have been trying to tell you folks for years, that the future has already started. We haven't all of a sudden started winning. We have been doing so for almost 2 and a half years.

I realize last year sucked. And that some of you will hold on to the past. But...some of us, have seen this coming. I have been a Cam for HOF type talent for 3 years. And yes, it was Shula holding him back. But...no one can say that this team, lead by Cam, has a limit set by mortal man. Because Shula and Cam have taken this Offense to heights that no mortal man could comprehend. This is a special team. Lead by a coaching staff that has been there, and done that. Shula has brought us an Offense that is unique in the NFL. McD and Rivera have given us a Defense that can compete with almost any team. We can score, and we can keep you from scoring.

So when folks ask you why you root for the Panthers? Just tell them. I am kinda used to this winning thing. And I really don't see any reason to stop.

I also dont think Shula held him back.  He gave him what he could handle and as he learned and grew more, Shula gave Cam more autonomy and tailored the offense to him as he could handle it.  As Rivera called it, it was a process.  There have been few if any quarterbacks who have come into the league with less understanding of a pro offense than Cam.  What he has done in 5 years is simple unparalleled when you think that most pundits said it would take Cam 2 years to even learn enough to be a starter. 

Archived