• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should Panthers pursue Murray?

Day_One

39 minutes ago, Icebox said:

It is surprising how undervalued RBs are in the draft compared to their impact on the success of a team.

While Ezekiel Elliot will probably be gone, I wouldn't be shocked if Derrick Henry slipped to our draft spot, and I wouldn't be upset if we pulled the trigger on that pick. 

The guy has 90 carries in the past 2 games, avoid Bama backs at all costs. 

No.

Keep in mind if you ever want a new RB in this system that is centered around Cam, then he has to be a team player and willing to follow Cam's lead. Also, the relationship Cam must have with the RB is more important than the relationship with the center due to the read option packages. The exchanges and reads with RB and QB on the same page is a must.

On 12/12/2015 at 9:23 PM, Hoenheim said:

Do we really know how good Cameron Artis Payne is? He could be our future feature running back but who knows. I do wish they would let him get more playing time with JStew, even if stew still gets most of the carries could at least use Cameron Artis Payne to spell him along with Tolbert.

What its really going to come down to is how long Jonathan Stewart can keep running this well. Dwill is 32 and still doing great, but then again Stewart has a much more punishing running style so that could factor in to how long he lasts too. I say if we're LUCKY We'll have stewart do well for 4-6 more years and we'll gradually be phasing other young rbs into the mix until they start to outperform him.

"Lucky" indeed.

At age 28, you could only expect two more productive years out of Stewart, before everything goes downhill (and fast). Anything after that would be a bonus.

Only the great ones can run beyond age 30 like that (or very good players who didn't play a lot).

1 hour ago, Jangler said:

Ann Murray? She a Canadian treasure, but at her age, she'd break a hip.

Bill Murray too.

What if Bill Murray was wearing the Clemson tiger costume carrying Ann Murray singing? That's a way better halftime show than Coldplay. Also what happened to Weird Al doing the halftime show?

Archived