• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hawks Fans are mad RW isn't MVP

Lilsmitty09

Seahawks fans keep arguing how this late season 7 game stretch proves Russ is the MVP (notwithstanding both the Seahawks and Panthers were 6-1 in their last 7). Well, let's break it down into stats.

If you just isolate the passing stats, you get:

Wilson: 1,906 yards, 71% completion percentage, 24 TDs, 1 INT
Newton: 1,800 yards, 64%, 20 TDs, 1 INT

If you add in rushing statistics tho, they produced virtually identical numbers over that stretch:

Wilson: 2,104 total yards, 25 total TDs, 2 turnovers
Newton: 2,070 total yards, 24 total TDs, 2 turnovers

And that doesn't even take into account that Cam sat out a lot of 4th quarters (Cowboys, Falcons, most of Bucs game).

Unfortunately for Russ and the Seahawks, the first 9 games of the season count too. 

This isn't even a debate.

Just now, Beast Mode said:

Really blows my mind that Seahawks fans (or any fan base really) get upset at the notion that maybe .. just maybe .. Cam Newton really is a fantastic player and deserves the MVP.

Like.. in no way shape or form does that mean Russell Wilson sucks.  Or that Tom Brady sucks.  Or Palmer.  Or Rodgers.  Etc.  Just that this season Cam is special and doing things very few QB's before him have done. 

I've agreed all along that Cam has had a fantastic season and deserves the MVP. I'm not trolling by no means. There are delusional fans on both sides

5 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Most of the Seattle fans on their main board are actually quite understanding. The ones who are arguing for Russell Wilson are doing so for the sake of argument, and usually concede that Cam had a stellar season as well. 

Insecurity's showing through man. 

there is no insecurity, but the lack of fact checking on some of the members here on this board is laughable, especially about Russell's pocket passing 

1 minute ago, DabDeezNuts224 said:

why would I get banned? I haven't offended anyone or said anything racist. It's me Vs. a fan base with a 15-1 record

Calling someone a girl is a middle school trash talk where one assumes the other is insecure enough to take offense, but in essence it is a reflection on you - your insecurities as a man and your views on women. I've been to Seattle. It's a great town full of great people. You are not from there. You are some inbred form Georgia GTFOU ... you will hang yourself and get banned in abt 1 hr tops ... lol

I am done talking to you

2 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

You can't just say we lost our #1 WR. All of Cam's stats are lower because of drops. Just the fact they're both close speak more for Newton. Plus before the season began, our schedule was one of the hardest in the NFL.

ALOT of drops. No need to defend Cam's stats, no ones questioning them

2 minutes ago, LA_Panther said:

Calling someone a girl is a middle school trash talk where one assumes the other is insecure enough to take offense, but in essence it is a reflection on you - your insecurities as a man and your views on women. I've been to Seattle. It's a great town full of great people. You are not from there. You are some inbred form Georgia GTFOU ... you will hang yourself and get banned in abt 1 hr tops ... lol

I am done talking to you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKRnEOUxZm0  "Clever girl"  Oh yes, an Inbred from Georgia, because this where the Army decided to send me after 9 years definitely makes me not from Seattle . So much unneeded hostility. Calm down cupcake, you're not doing yourself any favors .

Archived