• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Fox era is almost over. Forget the Superbowl for 2 years.

PantherFanForLife

I would love to have Gruden. His awesome and young. Not to mention a ton of personality which is something this team needs badly.

And like I said in another thread. I would trade Smith. Give him a chance to go to a team that may get him a Superbowl ring in the short time cause it won't be ours and God knows he deserves it. Trade him and Peppers too and give the new coach a lot of draft picks to start building the team with fresh young talent. Keep Beason, and our running backs to get us another decent year in the mean time and bring in a 1-2 year QB to play during the transition period and let the rookie adjust.

That of course would be a dream come true and the smart thing to do so I don;t see it happening unfortunatelly.

So you want a loser coach like Gruden....and you would trade away one of the best WR's in the league because he "deserves to go to a team to get a ring"? Dear God Man....please drop your allegiance to this team and move on down I-85. The Falcons fanbase could use another idiot like you.

i don't know that I want any of those coaches listed. they all had their brilliant seasons, but they all also had seasons where fans were calling for them to be fired. all i can think of when someone suggests bringing back a retired coach is Gibbs.

And what exactly did Gibbs do for the Redskins when he came out of retirement?

If Fox is gone after the season......There will be a lot of experienced guys out there that could replace him. Of the following....Who would you want?

Mike Shannahan

Bill Cowher

John Gruden

Mike Holmgren

Herm Edwards

Brian Billick

Tony Dungy

Marty Schottenheimer

No retreads.

I'm not on board with the notion that we'll be looking for a new coach, but if we are it should be one of these guys...

Ron Rivera: defensive coordinator, San Diego Chargers

Rob Ryan: defensive coordinator, Cleveland Browns

Leslie Frazier: defensive coordinator, Minnesota Vikings

Russ Grimm: offensive line coach, Arizona Cardinals

Jim Bates: defensive coordinator, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

There are guys I respect in the older group (especially Tony Dungy) but that's not the direction to go.

Wait until after Sunday to gloat Yugoman.

After we take care of the Falcons come Sunday, you will be staring 1-2 in the face.

I would say you guys are staring 0-3 in the face much more so than Atlanta is staring 1-2. But what do I know? Your QB going to win the game?:beatdeadhorse5:

So you want a loser coach like Gruden....and you would trade away one of the best WR's in the league because he "deserves to go to a team to get a ring"? Dear God Man....please drop your allegiance to this team and move on down I-85. The Falcons fanbase could use another idiot like you.

Uhm I would trade Steve not just for that like I said, but for very good draft picks and or talent, not to mention free up room in the salary cap. But I guess you preffer to have him waste away for another 2-3 years because I sure as hell don't see him getting us to a Superbowl all by himself, and then he won't be worth anything to anyone. Yeah that's freaking perfect.

Let's get something straight about Smith. The main reason he is so good is his speed and explosiveness. That is not about to improve over the years and he will NOT have the career expectancy of a natural wide out like Muhamad. Smith is too small to play when he slows down and he WILL slow down. And when he starts going downhill its going to happen a lot faster than other receivers that can rely on size and height to remain effective. Steve is running out of time.

And yes I would rather have a "loser" coach like Gruden who has actually won a Superbowl, has heart and personality versus a "winning" coach like Fox who managed to blow a game against a team we should have crucified last year at home in the playoffs.

But hey if Fox's record is something you are so proud of be my guest and follow him wherever he choses to go. If you are happy with the current Panther situation, more power to you and this thread is not for you. Personally I am not, I have never truly been on board with John Fox. And I have wanted him gone long before this season or last season. I simply do not agree nor like his style. I also do not believe his style is as effective in today's NFL. Its archaic, one dimensional and it is the reason we are in the situation we're in now.

Seriously have you forgotten what the main goal of a professional football team is? It's not to just win games. It's to win the Superbowl.

And John Fox is starting to look like the Dan Marino of coaches. The greatest one to never win one.

i don't think the team is old, except at certain spots like QB and WR. This team needs to bring in another star or two, and let go of some existing ones like peppers. We have great RB's, a lot of pieces for a great defense, and some pretty good lineman. We just need some infustion of new energy at QB and Defensive line IMO. And a new head coach/strategy.

If Fox is gone after the season......There will be a lot of experienced guys out there that could replace him. Of the following....Who would you want?

Mike Shannahan

Bill Cowher

John Gruden

Mike Holmgren

Herm Edwards

Brian Billick

Tony Dungy

Marty Schottenheimer

No retreads.

I'm not on board with the notion that we'll be looking for a new coach, but if we are it should be one of these guys...

Ron Rivera: defensive coordinator, San Diego Chargers

Rob Ryan: defensive coordinator, Cleveland Browns

Leslie Frazier: defensive coordinator, Minnesota Vikings

Russ Grimm: offensive line coach, Arizona Cardinals

Jim Bates: defensive coordinator, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

There are guys I respect in the older group (especially Tony Dungy) but that's not the direction to go.

I really haven't endorsed anybody yet.....This was more of a "who's available" list.

Of your up and coming guys....I think Rob Ryan and Ron Rivera with both be excellent coaches and I'd be happy with either of them. However, I think the Big Cat's fondness for all things Pittsburgh, the desire to win now, and the excitement Cowher would bring to the general fan base instantly makes him a lock to be next Head Coach.

I really haven't endorsed anybody yet.....This was more of a "who's available" list.

Of your up and coming guys....I think Rob Ryan and Ron Rivera with both be excellent coaches and I'd be happy with either of them. However, I think the Big Cat's fondness for all things Pittsburgh, the desire to win now, and the excitement Cowher would bring to the general fan base instantly makes him a lock to be next Head Coach.

Cowher wants total control, i.e. coach/GM. Jerry Richardson doesn't endorse that model.

(and I'm glad; it pretty much never works)

i would love john gruden to be our head coach!

Gruden went to the Super Bowl with Dungy's players one year later and after that dragged the team down to mediocrity. Add in that by the time he was done few if any of his players respected him or trusted him. He was fired because the majority of the team hated his guts and wouldn't follow him anymore.

This is not a guy I want anywhere near my team.

Gruden went to the Super Bowl with Dungy's players one year later and after that dragged the team down to mediocrity. Add in that by the time he was done few if any of his players respected him or trusted him. He was fired because the majority of the team hated his guts and wouldn't follow him anymore.

This is not a guy I want anywhere near my team.

We already have one of those guys on our team minus the SB win IMO.

You really think our players follow and trust Fox? poo we got that mediocrity thing down pat.

Oh I'm sure Jake loves Fox, but the rest? It will be interesting to hear what is really said when he leaves.

I'm sure we could ask Jenkins, he wouldn't hold back.

As for Cowher, if he would come here just as the coach and not GM+coach, that would be my selection.

Archived