• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers does not care what fans think

KatsAzz

This is so wrong on so many levels.

Fans, are 'customers'. They are customers of the product Jerry Richardson puts on the field.

'Customers' buy tickets, buy jerseys, buy concessions. Tickets bought assure no blackouts in the local region. Customers bring their families to games and ensure the lifeline of continuing ticket sales.

If I made a statement, to my company that I didn't care about my 'customers'. I assure you, I'd be out in 5 seconds.

Julius should learn to simply keep his mouth shut. If he must speak, then represent his 'company' well, and at least attempt to say the right thing to those people who buy tickets that along with TV and concessions pay his bloody, over-rated salary.

Rant done.

Perhaps a little perspective might help...

Pep is an NFL player who has to come out and play regardless of whether the fans like him or not. He is but a player amongst a team, which you buy tickets to watch that team. Yes it pays his salary, but let me ask you, if your customers booed you because you wanted to check out other opportunites... do you honestly say you're going to give a fugg since they are being so short-sighted?

If you answer yes, so be it. But I don't believe that for a second in a real life situation. You would be taking care of you and your family first, and be damned what anyone else thinks.

If you say "well he didn't handle it well.. he said he didn't want to hurt the organization, but it seems he has (fill in the blank with whatever idea you have on how that was the case)..." Then I have to inform you that contract negotiations are not like the McDonald's drive thru menu... You can't just pick what you want and expect to receive it. Both sides are trying to force the others hand and both sides will do and say things (like his 4 team list) to try to sway the other side.

Neither case deserve such an outcry over.. The guy isn't going to give a poo whether Joe Blow thinks he takes plays off. Joe Blow isn't out on the field. Arm-chair quarterbacks aren't the ones getting these contracts.

It's human nature to block out the negative... His statements are nothing more than what any one of us would say.

"People are booing me, should I continue to care even though they are being unreasonable? or should I go on and only be concerned with those who care about me?"

Booing isn't the issue people think. Players know they are going to get booed at least half the time when they play away. It is a little more disconcerting at home where they expect cheers. But once they get in the mind set that they will get booed, they adjust and move on.

Rick Flair got booed all the time..

Still did his job..

Still cashed his checks at the bank.

If they Boo you they notice you

I think Huddleites need to come to terms whether they are fans of the TEAM...or fans of individuals. The way this team is being run...it's going to be pitting the two groups against one another for a long time. Some blame can be put on people like Pep (didn't go w/ the 2007 deal) and some blame can be put on the FO (signing Jake to a stupid guaranteed $20mil deal).

Peppers pretty much craps on the team in the off season, and gets cheered by the fans on his return. Frankly he could be a little more gracious; especially given the hole his salary put the team in. I'm not saying he has to kiss A$$, but a "yeah that was nice" wouldn't have killed him.

Archived