• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers does not care what fans think

KatsAzz

http://www.carolinagrowl.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=117:peppers-happy-in-carolina-but-non-committal-toward-future&catid=1:articles

Peppers was warmly received by the home crowd Sunday, but said that he didn't think much about it.

"I really didn’t care, really," Peppers said. "The only people who I care about who receive me well are these guys in this locker room, my coaches, my family and friends.”

Pep should be jaded towards the fans. If he underperforms he is ripped by the fans but if he plays well then it's just 'well he's supposed to'. People think because he's a freak of an athlete that his stats should be freakishly high but that's just not how it works.

that is how it is suppose to be. you think Jake is suppose to care what the fans think? this is a job for these guys, they have to worry about teammates and playing......if they get right what they are suppose to care about.....the fanbase will ultimately be happy.

Pep should be jaded towards the fans. If he underperforms he is ripped by the fans but if he plays well then it's just 'well he's supposed to'. People think because he's a freak of an athlete that his stats should be freakishly high but that's just not how it works.

agreed...

He had an outstanding game on Sunday and still I've seen people post stupid poo like, "he got it in garbage time"... that fool was running all around the field making plays at the beginning of the game and throughout...

Hell, I don't/wouldn't care what half of you think either, cause a lot of people here have problems putting things in perspective.. that or just like to make dumbass comments without putting any thought into their opinion.

and when you hear, "got it in garbage time"... that's the ONLY way it can be taken.

This is so wrong on so many levels.

Fans, are 'customers'. They are customers of the product Jerry Richardson puts on the field.

'Customers' buy tickets, buy jerseys, buy concessions. Tickets bought assure no blackouts in the local region. Customers bring their families to games and ensure the lifeline of continuing ticket sales.

If I made a statement, to my company that I didn't care about my 'customers'. I assure you, I'd be out in 5 seconds.

Julius should learn to simply keep his mouth shut. If he must speak, then represent his 'company' well, and at least attempt to say the right thing to those people who buy tickets that along with TV and concessions pay his bloody, over-rated salary.

Rant done.

Honestly, no player should be concerned about whether or not the fans will be acceptive or not. Fans prove time and time again to overreact to things.

Peppers and any players concerns should be the ones he mentioned...friends, family, teammates, coaches, and owner.

Fans will either get over it, and accept him, or continue to be immature, and begrate him at every chance.

Archived