• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are we seriously the underdog with a 15-1 team at home against the 6th seed?

Wundrbread33

I'm sorry, as I'm sure some of you are tired of reading/thinking about this stuff, but I honestly cannot believe we are sitting here at 15-1, as the number 1 seed in the NFL, as underdogs against the visiting Seattle Seahawks. (I know we are given 1.5 but you get what I'm saying)

I know they won the Super Bowl two years ago, and nearly did last year, but going 8-6 during this season (two wins against Pickles doesn't count) and being gifted a win last weekend tells me this is not the same team from the prior two years, and yet still, the majority see them walking in here and owning the place. Does the "what have you done lately" mantra only apply to some teams?

Honestly, all I should need to do to defend my team is point to "15-1" but people just give us no respect and act like it doesn't matter. Our loss to Atlanta "hurt our confidence" yet Seattle's loss to the Rams is overlooked.

It's downright disrespectful and I can't wait until Sunday at 4:30 when all these sons of bitches can pull up a chair at the all-you-can-eat crow buffet. Let's blow these bitches out.

It's possible that the Seahwks beating Arizona that bad  could end up being a blessing in disguise for the Panthers If the Seahawks team is putting as much stock in it as some in the media and their fans are. So many of there fans on facebook are beyond certain that the Panthers are overatted and the game is only a formallity.

1 minute ago, Jangler said:

The way I understand it is, big bets were laid on Seattle, so the 2. drop.

I will say that I am a novice to betting, but from what I read, 3 points are given to the home team by default...so 3 is like even, or 0. So us only being given 1.5 at this point is a slap in the damn face. At least it is being talked about so much that it becomes a slap in the damn face.

1 minute ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I will say that I am a novice to betting, but from what I read, 3 points are given to the home team by default...so 3 is like even, or 0. So us only being given 1.5 at this point is a slap in the damn face. At least it is being talked about so much that it becomes a slap in the damn face.

means on a neutral field, we would not be favored. But since we are in Carolina, we are for the time being. 

Unless we win sunday, its hard to disagree. They have been our daddy except for one quarter in a game this year, and a lot of people who decide things like the lines say they will continue to be our daddy. Sunday will tell all.

2 minutes ago, TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam said:

No we are still favored, but barely. Not sure why the thread.

I have avoided the media until today; but now that I have looked at predictions...I don't see how anyone can say we are favored. Sure I guess technically being a 1.5 point favorite is being "favored" but that is pathetic.

1 minute ago, TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam said:

means on a neutral field, we would not be favored. But since we are in Carolina, we are for the time being. 

Unless we win sunday, its hard to disagree. They have been our daddy except for one quarter in a game this year, and a lot of people who decide things like the lines say they will continue to be our daddy. Sunday will tell all.

I don't think I have wanted a win more.

Just now, Wundrbread33 said:

I have avoided the media until today; but now that I have looked at predictions...I don't see how anyone can say we are favored. Sure I guess technically being a 1.5 point favorite is being "favored" but that is pathetic.

60% of experts at NFL pickwatch pick us to win the game, FWIW. The top guy who was most accurate this year 66% picked Seattle however.

32 minutes ago, MurkN said:

We're probably gonna be underdogs in the NFC Championship game and Super Bowl too. Time to go out and prove everybody wrong.

Reminds me of this:

Homer: Lord, I have to ask you something: What's the meaning of life?

God: Oh Homer, I can't tell you that! You'll find out when you die.

Homer: But I can't wait that long!

God: You can't wait six months?

A few thoughts.

1) Oh, good. This thread again. Need that.

2) We're betting favorites, only because we're at home. It's hard to call this a win for either team by default. In the playoffs, records don't matter. Everybody is 0-0. I firmly believe that there is no such thing as a bad playoff team. Some are weaker than others, but they're all good. In our past, neither team has been dominant for the whole game. It has always come down to a play or two that turned the tide. Been a back and forth affair, and this game is all about matchups, not past games played. It's tough to predict a winner in this one.

3) Anybody who says "they've been our daddy for the past few years" needs to reread point 2. They've bettered us in a couple of plays to win them the game. Good for them, they earned those wins, I am not arguing that they've made the necessary plays to beat us. But as far as I'm concerned, they have yet to flat out whoop us. We're TB's daddy. Seattle is more like our cousin. You know, the one that is at the family reunion that we see and go "oh god, THEY showed up?"

Archived